Calling all Geeks!

Options
13»

Replies

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I am a big Harry Potter and Song of Ice and Fire geek. I am part of a great Harry Potter themed challenge on this site http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124501-hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge-eighteenth-term we do different challenges each 'term' (8 week period) based on a different book in the series, its lots of fun.

We've just started a new term at the moment so the group is full but if you are interested you should contact the mods so that they can let you know when the applications are open for the next challenge.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    VixenMerai wrote: »
    MrSith wrote: »
    I think I like about everything every has said in here.......maybe just at different degrees.

I'm a huge nerd/geek.

I got Harry Potter, Star wars, TNBC, Loki, Harley Quinn and soon Disney Evil Queens tattoo'ed on me.

Love most anime and hentai

GoT is my favorite show =(.......Stranger Things is a love. Dr Who is awesome.

TWD has went on to long and killed off my favorite character recently (maybe, I have hope) so I maybe stop watching it LOL.

Got to love Deathnote but I have refused to watch the American version.......just watched the anime and the Asian live action movies.

I named my son after Eric Draven, The Crow.....and Lestat after the vampire......I'm named after an actor who played Dracula. So I was born to love crazy things =).

You named your son Eric Lestat!?? I think I love you!! My son is named Aerys after the Mad Targaryen King from Game of Thrones (Not necessarily for the character but for the name itself) and his middle name is Olórin which is what Gandalf from Lord of the Rings was called before he was Gandalf.

Add meeee!

@VixenMerai

Draven LeStat. =)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Could you define geek for me? lol
    I work in the IT industry but I don't play video games, except a few corny games on my phone.
    I like marvel but not DC.
    Not into anime but I will watch if my teenage son wants to together.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Could you define geek for me? lol
    I work in the IT industry but I don't play video games, except a few corny games on my phone.
    I like marvel but not DC.
    Not into anime but I will watch if my teenage son wants to together.

Sounds more nerdy than geeky. But you can be a geek about anything. Just have to do it passionately.
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Geek for many years...

Programmer and technologist as well as serial Terry Pratchet reader and big fan of Neil Stevenson.

Love anime and Sci-Fi...

Did D&D all nighters a long time ago and a bit of warhammer 40k and playing SkyRim when kids allow for it:)
  • HalaMadrid94
    HalaMadrid94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a big ole star trek tos nerd here!
  • VixenMerai
    VixenMerai Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Anyone here can feel free to add me if they like! I'm just beginning to ease my way into Star Trek. Not sure if I like it or not!
  • yumesoraki
    yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
    Options
    Slytherin and Horned Serpent here (Ilvermonry challenge rocks!)! #hhmf

Also a big fan of anime and player of SNES games!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    VixenMerai wrote: »
    Anyone here can feel free to add me if they like! I'm just beginning to ease my way into Star Trek. Not sure if I like it or not!

I don’t mind the Netflix Star Trek, the new one. I tried watching the old ones cause they are supposed to be good, but I think I only made it through the first few episode.

They got attacked by a giant old school windows screen saver in space.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I have this, add me if you like:

i8sepy9a15yu.jpg
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Not a Harry Potter fan, but I was in to Lord of the Rings and D&D in high school.

I've always been into strategy board games, like Risk and Catan--which in my opinion is super-nerdy though I don't believe that's been mentioned. My wife likes the more casual Ticket to Ride, which I hope will be a stepping stone into more advanced games.

Always been a video gamer, and always favored Nintendo. My favorite game series is Final Fantasy (my favorite installment is FF6). I believe that 1992-1997 was gaming's golden age; there hasn't been anything truly gamechanging since the jump from 2D to 3D graphics--though this recent VR technology looks promising. I'm also a casual iPhone gamer.
  • yumesoraki
    yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched MST3K in such a long time! I think I'll go watch this weekend ^.^
  • jgundz
    jgundz Posts: 2,735 Member
    Options
    Yay for all the geeks coming together!!

I'm a huge HP fan! I am a Slytherin/Horned Serpent #hhmf. I also like LOTR, and have been getting into the DC and Marvel universes recently.

Also we are about to start a new term in the Ilvermorny Challenge for anyone interested in some geeky motivation! It's a wellness challenge that focuses on overall wellness not just about losing weight...we even have quidditch and awards!! It's based on the HP universe, but we have geeks of all types.

If you'd like more info you can find it here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10637795/geeks-looking-for-a-fun-magical-challenge-join-ilvermorny-school-of-witchcraft-wizardry-term-6#latest

Hope to see you there!
  • ginique
    ginique Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Star Wars/Star Trek/Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter geek over here! Also, my husband is determined to drag me into all things MCU. :)
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    yumesoraki wrote: »
    I haven't watched MST3K in such a long time! I think I'll go watch this weekend ^.^

They have new ones on netflix
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yooo! I'm a big pen and paper RPG geek. I mostly play/DM D&D 5e but dabble in a few others like Tales from the Loop and Call of Cthulhu. Hoping to give Symbaroum a try. I'm actually creating my own RPG right now and playtesting with friends.

My fave video games are Breath of the Wild, Undertale, Morrowind, Skyrim and basically any N64 game.

I have a steadily growing boardgame collection. My faves are Betrayal at House on the Hill, Mansions of Madness, Dread Curse, Lords of Waterdeep and Catan.

I'm way into the Stormlight Archive books by Brandon Sanderson right now, they're so great.

Also love Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and lots of anime!
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Yooo! I'm a big pen and paper RPG geek. I mostly play/DM D&D 5e but dabble in a few others like Tales from the Loop and Call of Cthulhu. Hoping to give Symbaroum a try. I'm actually creating my own RPG right now and playtesting with friends.

My fave video games are Breath of the Wild, Undertale, Morrowind, Skyrim and basically any N64 game.

I have a steadily growing boardgame collection. My faves are Betrayal at House on the Hill, Mansions of Madness, Dread Curse, Lords of Waterdeep and Catan.

I'm way into the Stormlight Archive books by Brandon Sanderson right now, they're so great.

How do you like tales from the loop? Been looking into that
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

How do you like tales from the loop? Been looking into that

I really like the setting (we're playing the Boulder City, Nevada setting) and most of the mechanics! We've only played through the first "season" (of 4) but I have the other 3 ready to go whenever my players have free time. It feels kinda weird switching between Everyday Scenes and the "meat" of the plot, but overall it's been fun.