Diet

Options
sammyosborn
sammyosborn Posts: 12 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
My partner has read somewhere online that eating steak with cottage cheese is THE diet to lose weight. Now aside from the massive cost and the fact I don't have time to cook 2 seperate meals a day I'm concerned that he won't be getting any vegetables. He generally skips breakfast and has a 200cal chicken tinned soup for lunch. In the evenings I cook a balanced meal with lots of veggies.
I argue that not exercising, not logging foods and eating lots of sweets is why he is only maintaing. He previously changed his diet properly with me and logged foods and loat weight no problem.

Any thoughts on this diet?

Replies

• kristenseager
    kristenseager Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Doesn’t sound very appetizing! He could eat all fruits and veggies and still gain or maintain, weight loss is dependent on a calorie deficit. Weigh or at least measure what you consume, and log it. Over complicating weight loss with strict diets is one reason why many people fail.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You mean that's all he would eat? Steak and cottage cheese? My opinion is that's ridiculous. Where in the world did he read that?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That’s extremely restrictive. The best diet is the one that will help you sustain a safe calorie deficit.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Any "diet" that restrictive is not sustainable. Where did he read this? Always consider your source and do additional research. There's an overload of bad, wrong, and harmful information regarding diets. Stick to your balanced meals.