A foody weekend: logging for the sake of logging

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
This is not one of those enjoy and then go on logging posts. I'm currently trying to figure out my TDEE, and a weekend of yummy food is coming up. I have no idea what to log this at.

A typical British deli pub burger topped with Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, Pickles, Chilli Relish and Mayonnaise, served with fries. I asked for the condiments at the side, not on the burger. Not sure now much fries I'll eat.

Next evening a dinner in a Michelin Star Chef restaurant. I don't think the portions will be very big.
I'm having
Starters: Peppered goats cheese, slow roasted tomato, chillied beetroot, beetroot syrup
Main: Slow braised neck of Dornoch lamb, dauphinoise potatoes, roasted aubergine and tomato, tapenade gravy
Desert: Raspberry crème brulee, Gartmorne shortbread

Followed by two hours of Ceilidh dancing

What the heck should I be logging this at? I don't care if it's 1000kcal over my maintenance cals. I just want to figure out how to log this.

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Damn, I don't know how to log that either, but I want to come and spend the weekend with you!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Log the burger as a McD Big Mac Extra Value Meal, and log the Michelin Star Chef restaurant as a couple of tv dinners.
  • yirara
    Options
    Damn, I don't know how to log that either, but I want to come and spend the weekend with you!

Sorry :) I'd love to take a significant other along, but I don't have one :( But at least it will be yummy and entertaining.
  • yirara
    Options
    Log the burger as a McD Big Mac Extra Value Meal, and log the Michelin Star Chef restaurant as a couple of tv dinners.

I'm not sure. I'd say it's too much bread, and meat is difficult to compare. Those pub burgers tend to look like this: Healthy-Kangaroo-Burger.jpg
  • French_Peasant
    Options
    Well, just do what I would do and sneak your food scale in, LOL! (See what an awesome date I would make!?) Ounce for ounce the bread will be roughly the same no matter the type, and log the burger as whatever the standard fat level is in England. You will probably have to eyeball more at the Michelin restaurant, but you could still sneak the creme brulee and shortbread onto the scale. (Just hide it a little with your napkin). :D
  • yirara
    Options
    Well, just do what I would do and sneak your food scale in, LOL! (See what an awesome date I would make!?) Ounce for ounce the bread will be roughly the same no matter the type, and log the burger as whatever the standard fat level is in England. You will probably have to eyeball more at the Michelin restaurant, but you could still sneak the creme brulee and shortbread onto the scale. (Just hide it a little with your napkin). :D

That leaves the question of how to sneak my foodscale into the dining room wearing an evening gown and no handbag :D Nah, that's not going to work, is it? :p
  • yirara
    Options
    Oh, while I do have a thing for Nordics and ze French, I'm still a female sheep and do prefer men. Sorry <3
  • cshern
    cshern Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You might be surprised at how many restaurant entries are in the database.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Wetherspoons burger

Log the other meal items separately and add some oil
  • French_Peasant
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

That leaves the question of how to sneak my foodscale into the dining room wearing an evening gown and no handbag :D Nah, that's not going to work, is it? :p

Just stick it down your bosom, ha ha! Along with your phone so you can log everything immediately!

Honestly, I would just do my best to eyeball portions. You're probably a pretty good judge by now.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the event and forget the logging. Get back to it the next day.
  • French_Peasant
    Options
    Oh, while I do have a thing for Nordics and ze French, I'm still a female sheep and do prefer men. Sorry <3

Oh, we would be finding the men. The ones in kilts, if it's a ceilidh.
  • yirara
    Options
    Wetherspoons burger

Log the other meal items separately and add some oil

Oh, they do have calorie information? I never go into a Wetherspoons out of free will, and if I have to I refuse to eat there.

Classic 6oz burger, 547kcal. Does that sound realistic? I'm not having bacon or cheese, and condiments on the side. I think it's a too little, probably without the bread. But they don't list bread anywhere. Phew.. ok. I used to live in another country where we often had events in a chain restaurant that actually had nutritional info for simple burgers. If I could just remember what it was called... I think the burgers were indeed around 550kcal plus chips.
  • yirara
    edited January 2018
    Options

Oh, we would be finding the men. The ones in kilts, if it's a ceilidh.

Aye! 'just' my colleagues and husbands of. :/:'( But at least it will be a fantastic, and fun evening :)