How does this app help on a vegan diet?

Options
I’ve been vegan for about 2 weeks now. It’s been a huge lifestyle change for me completely, but I’m very passionate about it and love vegan food. I love the food choices. I’m just wondering how will this app will work with my vegan diet?! Any suggestions?

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Just accurately log whatever you eat and keep your intake where you want it (high, equal, or low) and it will happen.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You can follow any way of eating on MFP. Just find the right database entries.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a logging tool. You log what you eat. As a vegan you may want to watch your protein levels, and you can use it for that. Don't bother using it to track vitamins and micronutrients unless you're confirming every entry, however, because that info is missing from most entries.

That's about it, really.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I’ve been vegan for about 2 weeks now. It’s been a huge lifestyle change for me completely, but I’m very passionate about it and love vegan food. I love the food choices. I’m just wondering how will this app will work with my vegan diet?! Any suggestions?

like any other diet...it's just a logging and calorie counting tool.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few Vegans and veggies on here and i don't see no reason for it to be a bad thing for you to log your food...food is food at the end of the day and if you eat too much of it you will gain weight lol :)

This is a good video for you to check out if you don't know how to use the app - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPmXlLQLtVU
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    it's just food...select the entry from the database and log it. this is just a logging and calorie counting tool...it works with any diet.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Not sure I understand the question, but you'll be pleased to find a really comprehensive database of foods here. Any recipes that you make at home can be put into the recipe builder and nutrition calculated per serving.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It's just a logging tool. Relative to the logging tool a lot of vegans use, it has a much larger database of items, but it lacks the micronutrient breakdown that other tool has.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    What’s your goal? If you are trying to lose weight, then use MFP to weigh track and log all foods. If you just want vegan support, meal ideas, etc - there are better tools.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Why would being vegan be a problem in using the app?
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You're going to be able to see if you're getting enough of the correct macros/nutrients - especially protein!!!