Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weights increased but my measurements are the same - how?

MyFitnessPain
MyFitnessPain Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I’m at my heaviest weight of 9 st 9 lbs at 5’5 but I’ve gained no inches since I was 9st and only gained 1.5 inches from my lowest weight of 8 st 9lbs.

I know I haven’t gained muscle as I haven’t lifted a thing - how has my weight increased quite a lot but my measurements are the same? I’m 27 female 27.5 inch waist 38.5 inch hips

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Offhand, it could be water from salty meals, bodily waste not yet discharged, and time of month water retention.
  • MyFitnessPain
    Offhand, it could be water from salty meals, bodily waste not yet discharged, and time of month water retention.

Thanks for your reply. I thought it might just be water but I’ve been 9 st 9 lbs for 1 - 2 weeks now....
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Could still be water If you recently started a new work out routine or if you're regularly eating/drinking higher sodium things.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Have you measured every where? Bust, Arms, thighs, ect..

When I gain weight my bust increases in size before my waist does.

Also make sure you are weighing under the same conditions at the same time of day. Morning, naked, and after using the bathroom will have the least amount of variables.
  • MyFitnessPain
    aeloine wrote: »
    Could still be water If you recently started a new work out routine or if you're regularly eating/drinking higher sodium things.

I do use a lot of spices and salt in my cooking, I haven’t regularly worked out though. Thanks for your reply.
  • MyFitnessPain
    Have you measured every where? Bust, Arms, thighs, ect..

When I gain weight my bust increases in size before my waist does.

Also make sure you are weighing under the same conditions at the same time of day. Morning, naked, and after using the bathroom will have the least amount of variables.

I have, I usually measure my waist first as it’s the first place I gain / most important to me! I always weight naked, first thing in morning no food or drink. First I thought my scales where wrong but I tried different ones all same result!