People that hit their protein goal everyday, what do you eat?

Options
I often have trouble hitting my protein goals. I would really like to try to get more protein into my diet. For those of you that hit or exceed your protein goal everyday, what does a typical day of eating look like for you?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What is your protein goal out of how many calories?
  • Ryansworld84
    Ryansworld84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, eggs, meat, chicken, cheese
  • leslienicole318
    leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

86 grams out of 1720 calories
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Today I got 29g of protein in my tuna salad lunch, and my mexican shredded chicken soup for dinner will have 34g of protein. Those 2 alone almost put me at my protein goal for the day, so the other little things like cheese and peanut butter will get me there no problem.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

86 grams out of 1720 calories

Try pre logging your day to add more protein based foods?

I get over 100g out of less calories without too much trouble.

Most days are something like 20g from protein enriched cereal for breakfast, 30g from meat/egg/cheese with salad at lunch, 50g from my evening meal and 10g from a protein flapjack as a snack.

Plan your lunch and dinner around the protein source.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Today I got 29g of protein in my tuna salad lunch, and my mexican shredded chicken soup for dinner will have 34g of protein. Those 2 alone almost put me at my protein goal for the day, so the other little things like cheese and peanut butter will get me there no problem.

What's in the soup? I struggle with getting to 100g
  • conniecake01
    conniecake01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's been challenging for me too lately, especially since I'm on very low cholesterol diet! Recently started adding Nature's Life Super Green Soy Protein Powder, 25g of protein in two scoops! That's helping me get close to my goals. Other than that, lots of lean chicken, fish and beans!
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Dannon Lite & Fit Greek Yogurt, a piece of thin ham wrapped around a cheese stick
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I get at least 100g of protein on most days, and my diary is open: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/CoachJen71
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Greek yogurt, chicken, tuna, protein powder
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    4 oz of chicken breast is like 26 g of protein right? Greek Yogurt has tons as well. I also sprinkle 1 scoop of vital farms collagen peptides in my oatmeal (it's completely undetectable), and a tablespoon of peanut butter. That makes my breakfast like 20 grams of protein.

If you are low and you eat meat, then maybe add an extra oz of meat at each meal. If you eat yogurt, switching to greek helps. You could eat chicken apple sausage at breakfast with some eggs.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. My protein comes mostly from recipes consisting of chicken and lean ground beef. Other items including Greek yogurt, eggs, protein cheesecake and protein bars. I don't always hit my protein goals, but on average for the week it evens out.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I get 100g plus a day from food, and make up any difference with protein powder either in a shake or in my morning oatmeal. Depends what you need for total grams of protein. It is always better to get it from real food, but nothing wrong with a little supplementation to reach your goal.
  • darrenbeckworth
    darrenbeckworth Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I say just follow whatever ideas you like here that you have read and have powder at the end of the day ready. If you need 12 grams still, drink half a scoop etc etc. This way you always hit your goal if you don't hit it with food.
  • fatnutjob
    fatnutjob Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My goal is to hit around 100g in 1200 calories. Easiest way I've done it is by making protein the staple of my meals.

Have a look here for example meals.

10-12pm - grilled banana with greek yoghurt and protein powder

3-5pm - chicken omelette

6-8pm - tuna salad

10-12am - fish with refried beans (black beans, butter and paprika). Odd combination, I know, but I seriously love refried beans. They're SO filling, SO healthy, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I could eat them with literally everything in the whole world.

100g protein in 1000 calories. You'll notice protein is the staple of every meal. And they're literally just the foundations of meals. On the side I'll add satueed or creamed veg. I'm very much a volume eater so these are high protein meals that are also lowish calorie and high volume.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I often have trouble hitting my protein goals. I would really like to try to get more protein into my diet. For those of you that hit or exceed your protein goal everyday, what does a typical day of eating look like for you?

Protein shakes, bars, popcorn, cookies...there's a big variety of protein packed supplement snacks

For natural stuff, I usually make hard boiled eggs, tear up a rotisserie chicken, steam some edamame and cook ground chicken or turkey at the beginning of the week so I have stuff that's easy to grab throughout the day. Cottage cheese, string cheese, Icelandic skyr or Greek yogurt are other good options. Jerky too!
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I drink a Premier Protein almost every day. They taste like a chocolate milkshake, fill me up, and have 30 g of protein. Other foods I eat are Greek yogurt, tuna, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, and lean meats.