What makes YOUR weight loss efforts worth it?

Options
CharlesS6730
CharlesS6730 Posts: 119 Member
edited January 2018 in Motivation and Support
For me it’s not only feeling better but when an acquaintance sees you and comments on your weight loss. Or when anyone acknowledges your effort without having to tell them. Also the satisfaction of getting smaller clothes. I’d love to hear what you have to say. Also I am looking to add more friends if ANYONE is interested.

Replies

• CharlesS6730
    Options
    Nothing has been a sacrifice. I spend less money buying food. I spend less time eating food. I am healthier.

I get the pleasure of seeing real life people whom I've influenced to use mfp actually lose weight and regain health. It's cool.
    I stopped eating junk food and sweets which I consider a sacrifice as I have a sweet tooth. But I’m way better in the end for giving that up.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    For me it’s playing with my daughter in playgrounds and soft play zones. When other parents are sat it stood watching there child from a distance and I am climbing over the climbing frame and going down the slide and swinging on the ropes and laughing and being a child again. In fact it’s the ability to play as a child with my child whether it be riding scooters,making camps under the table, climbing, swinging, running jumping and not just bring able to do all that but to pay harder and longer so she runs out of energy long before me and I can still carry her home
  • CharlesS6730
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    For me it’s playing with my daughter in playgrounds and soft play zones. When other parents are sat it stood watching there child from a distance and I am climbing over the climbing frame and going down the slide and swinging on the ropes and laughing and being a child again. In fact it’s the ability to play as a child with my child whether it be riding scooters,making camps under the table, climbing, swinging, running jumping and not just bring able to do all that but to pay harder and longer so she runs out of energy long before me and I can still carry her home

It’s so much fun to interact that way with my kids too. I didn’t want to be that parent that has to take a seat because of not being healthy.
  • mbrow784
    mbrow784 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At this point I am in need of a physical change I am just beginning this journey for the umteenth time and this time I want it to stick. I know how good it feels when I can physically do things and get to feeling better because I am eating better. I just have to stick with it.
  • Jedi_Jo
    Jedi_Jo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I feel so much better in myself. My feet and ankles are no longer swollen, and I don’t have any aches or pains anymore. Still got a way to go. I feel like I’ve finally got in the right frame of mind. So far I’m down 51lb (since August 2017).
  • CharlesS6730
    Options
    mbrow784 wrote: »
    At this point I am in need of a physical change I am just beginning this journey for the umteenth time and this time I want it to stick. I know how good it feels when I can physically do things and get to feeling better because I am eating better. I just have to stick with it.

You can do it. Be selfish about it too. I never thought I would hit my goal weight but I have surpassed it forcing myself to set a new goal.
  • jennrissa
    jennrissa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What makes my weightloss efforts worth it for me are the moments I can do things that I physically could not do before. I did a Tough Mudder half last summer. Before I started losing weight I never thought I could do something like that. Then in a kickboxing class I've taken before the teacher thanked me at the end for moving to the front, it's a new semester so there are a lot of people who don't know the moves yet, and I'm able to actually do the moves without dying XD. Also, I'm starting to get small enough that in my all time favorite plus sized store a lot of the clothes do not fit me.
  • Nito95
    Nito95 Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    First it's feeling better about yourself physically, then you start feeling better physiologically, then you start feeling good for having the discipline and the creative vision to get it done and knowing this skill can be transferred to other aspects of your life.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    Options
    Being able to cycle up our local mountain. :sunglasses:

22330093778_75d90ef8e7_c.jpg

• tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My health has gone in the commode. I was healthier, happier, and more active a cpl years ago when I had great success here. I want that again. This time, though, I have to make it a life change, for the long haul.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Less pain, more gains!

But actually, I'm stronger, can do more, and I'm not in physical pain all the time.
  • azkabanned
    azkabanned Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Mine is not as deep as some others, but fitting into my clothes nicely would be quite worth it.

The days I do exercise, however lightly, I feel better just knowing that I’m devoting time to my health. Even though I’m still weak and still have an achy back at the ripe old age of 25.
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Less pain, more gains!

But actually, I'm stronger, can do more, and I'm not in physical pain all the time.

That's my attitude on this whole thing as well. Feeling stronger and being in less pain. My quality of life has gone up substantially.