Hello! I’m new. Keto diet.

Options
Hello!

I’m new to fitnesspal. I was doing so well with my weight loss - had lost 30lbs over two year with 30 to go and put on 20 since October! Ridiculous. My sugar and carb addiction is OOC and I’ve decided to go with the Keto Diet. I’ve done a lot of research. I’m reading more tonight, trying to meal plan, get ideas, easy but healthy recipes, and grocery shop tomorrow. I’m going to ease into things tomorrow starting the kick of sugar/simple carbs and try to eat as close as I can with what we have. After I meal plan/get recipes I’m going grocery shopping tomorrow. Friday is go day. Any advice is welcome! Thanks for reading!
Jenn

Replies

• kevinwalsh2012
    kevinwalsh2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im only starting on myfitnesspal today. But id tell you with any diet make sure too drink water loads and loads everyday,,,:) Goodluck on your diet
  • lolitavexx
    lolitavexx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Yeah I read to aim for a gallon a day. I just ordered a 64oz water bottle.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! If you find that you can't stick with keto, just focus on eating in a calorie deficit, which is required for weight loss.
  • lolitavexx
    Options
    Will do. I’m just trying to kick this sugar for awhile to reset myself
  • angiesfitadventure
    angiesfitadventure Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Keto is a fun adventure. Please make sure you meal prep and have Keto friendly snacks available at home and work to prevent any temptations from winning. Prep yourself if the Keto Flu occurs. Just remember it’s temporary and you will overcome it.

I wish you much success and happiness on this journey!! :)
  • khwanchanokrinrom2017
    Options
    I’m ketogenic diet too
  • lolitavexx
    Options
    Any advice is welcome! My first time on Keto. I suck at diets.
  • StalgiaPasternak
    StalgiaPasternak Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking of doing this too. I have a similar scenario. I lost 50lbs with Weight Watchers and gained 20 back. I think my system is messed up.

I’m nervous about counting all these grams of carbs, etc. I considering using this app for that. But I think I have to pay now to set my macros and I don’t know if you can do macros by gram or only calories.
  • StalgiaPasternak
    StalgiaPasternak Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Okay you can do it by grams here. How much does Premium cost? There are some apps for Keto but they look tacky and can be pricey.
  • thetruth206
    thetruth206 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can set your macros with the free version. I am also trying keto and the toughest thing is finding foods with the correct grams and fiber as you are using. I try to log food with a little more carbs then I am actually eating to try to stay at my net carb goal. Good luck.
  • tbrann1971
    tbrann1971 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 4 days ago, I'm loving it. Good luck to you all.