Introducing Me

Options
I'm good at wasting time, I think lyrics need to rhyme and you're not asking but I'm trying to grow a mustache...

Haha just kidding about the mustache... Its song lyrics that make me laugh.

Anyway. My name is Jasmine and I'm a recent college graduate, learning to be on my own. I love all things sugary and sweet, and it's a problem. I would like to lose some weight, but more importantly learn to change the way I eat and go about my daily routine. So I'm a work in progress. I can't just cut out anything completely, I've discovered, so ive had to slowly reduce the amount of sweet stuff in my diet. However, I'm a picky eater so I have to find ways of making regular food taste a little sweeter. My picky preferences are definitely an issue with eating healthier, but I'm learning, slowly, to appreciate new things. My moat recent discovery is almond milk. I don't like regular milk or soy, but surprisingly enjoy almond milk. And can actually drink vwhole glass.

What else?? I love walking but it has to be on a treadmill. Outside I get annoyed or tired quicker. Treadmill, and other such cardio equipment is easier to control speed and calories and incline, etc. I love to swim, a great way to burn calories. And zumba is my workout of choice. It's just a fun way to burn calories.

Replies

• chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome...feel free to add me as a friend
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello Jasmine! Welcome!

I love all things sweet as well...and sweets can be my downfall too!!!
    I don't like treadmills or ellipticals, cuz you're just not going anywhere! lol...but I can deal with a stairstepper! I do prefer to walk outside with flat areas and hills, works the azz really well!

But like you Zumba is my choice for most of my cardio...especially since I'm an instructor!! :bigsmile:

Feel free to add me as a friend on here!!!
  • JazzyFizz23
    Options
    Thanks, guys.

At chef970 - I love your quote. "failure is not an option has always been a mantra of mine. I have a sweatshirt wi the Apollo xiii logo on it with that quote. I never thought to apply it to this part of my life.

At muitobem (I think?) - I love walking in general for it's effect on the behind. Haha. And thighs for that matter..

As for zumba, I have the DVD set.. I have yet to actually attempt doing it in public. But that's cool that you're an instructor. Congrats!
  • lannheue23
    lannheue23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a sweetholic and a very picky eater! I don't even eat anything with PEPPER or SPICES in it!! lol So it's hard to get me to eat many foods. And I'm with muitobem with the walking on the treadmill..lol...if you are a mile away from home or your car, you HAVE to walk back to it..you can't just stop and sit on the couch haha...

But anyways...hope you can meet your goals using the website. I have found it quite entertaining and fun to play around with! lol If ya wanna be friends, I would love it! GOOD LUCK!!
  • JazzyFizz23
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind welcome once again. It's been over two months, quickly gone by. The first month was not great - as I used it more to detect patterns in my eating. Now I have found a niche to follow, and am working towards my ideal weight. Yes, I have indicated 120 pounds, but I just want to feel healthy. And I am getting there already. My brother, who is a muscle head, noticed that I have lost weight. That makes me proud of myself. He doesn't usually notice such things on me. He just knows me as the sister that goes through diet phases. This one is actually sticking, because I have changed my life for the better.

In the last few weeks I have not been cooking as much because the financial strings were pulled tight, but I hope to find a medium balance and go back to cooking healthier dinners.

I have also recently decided the easiest way to work out 50-60 every other day for me, with 20 minute am work outs 6 days a week. This way I get some time off. With my work schedule I was pretty much cooking, working, eating, working out, and sleeping. Yuck.

That's enough of an update for now I suppose.