Haven't lost a pound in 3 months!

Options
2»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    "I have no clue" - you can just go and look at what you set it as.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, too, that the last three months had Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and NYE. If you had family in town, if you went out or went drinking or celebrated a little too much and eyeballed, that could be eating up the deficit you've created by working out and watching your intake.

The last couple of months are tough for EVERYONE. Listen to the advice on here, weigh everything you eat, and bump up the entries you choose against the USDA website.

Good on you for maintaining through the holidays! Don't get discouraged. When you don't have a whole lot to lose, it can be really slow going.
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think there are 2 main questions to help with your conundrum. First, how are you measuring your food? Are you using a food scale? The only way to accurately log food is by weight. If you are using volume (cups/ tbs, etc) you are probably eating more than you think. Second, on days you work out, how are you calculating your calories lost? You may be over estimating calories lost and eating too much, therefore maintaining your weight.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    1. Recalculate your goals if you haven't done so already with your new CW.
    2. Try eating back a portion of your exercise calories, not 100%.
    3. Look for places where you can tighten up your logging. Everyone has inaccuracies; absolutely nobody calculates their intake 100% correctly.
  • gxfisher
    gxfisher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also, get a tape measurer. your body will "reshape" while you are loosing fat and gaining muscle. remember muscle is dense while fat - not so much. so although a smaller size of muscle may weigh the same you're still re-proportioning your body. It's really not just about what that bloody scale sez :-) Get a tape measurer and when you run into a plateau take your measurements and see if maybe that's what's actually happening.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    People keep asking you about the deficit, because you are the one who tells MFP how much you want to lose. So by saying you don't have a clue, that's not very helpful to any of us trying to help you.
    That said, it seems you have found your maintenance level. You lost weight up until now, and have held the same. If you are seeing improvements in body composition, you are in the process of a recomp. If you want to continue losing weight, you're going to have to eat a little less.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    hlshappell wrote: »
    If you're doing CrossFit 5 days a week, then you have likely gained a lot of muscle and lost fat. As you know, muscle weighs more than fat. If your clothes fit better and your muscles are more defined, you should worry less about the number on the scale. It's difficult to do after a lifetime of focusing on that number, I get it. I've been doing CrossFit for the last 4 years and my weight hasn't changed that much. However, my body looks and feels totally different due to fat/muscle ratio.

No. No, that's not what has happened at all. You don't put on muscle fast enough to outpace fat loss.