what's your guilty pleasure while working out?!

Options
tjradd73
tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
OK....so we all have things that we like to do while we are working out! I know that without the option of doing mine...I wouldn't make it through my workout half the time! So...what are YOUR guilty pleasures (or must dos/haves) while working out?? Just curious :happy:

Personally, I have 2! 1. I like to work out in just my sports bra since I workout at home (some may at the gym...but I will not!), and 2. I love to belt out the music I am listening to while I am working out (fave song to sing out loud-"Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks)! Not only does this get me through the tough parts, but it insures that I breathe too!:blushing:

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I also like to workout in just my bikini or sports bra and shorts. I workout alone of course.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    The singing-- hilarious! :D

I like reading trashy mags when on cardio machines. US Weekly, People, whatever. I'm terrible. Away from the gym, I listen to awful pop-- JLo, Britney Spears, you name it. Whatever gets us through, right?
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasure is listening to Sisqo's thong song and Kelis' milkshake when I work out. I feel so dorky and old but I love it and work out hard!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    LOL!! glad that I am not the only one!!!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I usually just do workout vids at home, so if I'm familiar with the video, I will turn down the volume and watch a tv show...helps pass the time better :)
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OK....so we all have things that we like to do while we are working out! I know that without the option of doing mine...I wouldn't make it through my workout half the time! So...what are YOUR guilty pleasures (or must dos/haves) while working out?? Just curious :happy:

Personally, I have 2! 1. I like to work out in just my sports bra since I workout at home (some may at the gym...but I will not!), and 2. I love to belt out the music I am listening to while I am working out (fave song to sing out loud-"Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks)! Not only does this get me through the tough parts, but it insures that I breathe too!:blushing:

I love that song from Garth Brooks!!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasure is listening to Sisqo's thong song and Kelis' milkshake when I work out. I feel so dorky and old but I love it and work out hard!

LOL
  • tjradd73
    Options
    oh and Golddigger!!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    For some reason, listening to Britney Spears and imagining me like her is such inspiration at the gym! LMAO. :P I know it' silly.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    watching some of the young bucks out of the corner of my eye :bigsmile:
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go to the track and there are athletic high school kids running... I don't want to be the creepy old lady who stares at the teenagers, but- but- some a dem boys, dey be shirtless! :bigsmile:
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I second reading the trashy mags....and also checking out the other hot bodies at the gym!!! (Discreetly, of course)!!!
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    watching some of the young bucks out of the corner of my eye :bigsmile:

Exactly!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    This is really immature, but while jogging on the treadmill, I picture myself in a horror movie, being chased by either Jason or Freddy Krueger. That's the only way I can get through the jog!
  • lannheue23
    lannheue23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like to hang up pictures of celebrity gurls I wanna look like and think "thats gonna be me, thats gonna be me, thats gonna be me!!!" lol
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I like downloading TV shows from the past and present to my iPod and watching them when I'm doing cardio. It makes the 45 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill go by so much faster and I get to relive my favorite cheesy 80's TV shows or catch up on my current shows without feeling guilty about parking my butt on the couch.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    I have two photograhs taped to my machine.

One is of a place where I reached 5000m above sea level for my first time. Reminds me how tough that was to reach (in so many ways) and yet I did it. It was overwhelming and worth the year of planning and the pain of getting there. A dream came true.

The other is of Kelly Brook. A dream that will forever be a dream :p

Oh, and yes, I workout in my underware at home, saves on washing :o)

Well you did say "guilty pleasures" didn't you!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I love all of these!! thanks for sharing everyone!!
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    It's the IPOD all the way. I choose what tunes will keep me in stride and once I'm locked in I don't even think about the workout. When running on the treadmill, I do have songs of choice: "Time Won't Pass Me By" : Hall & Oates and "Runnin' Down A Dream: Tom Petty are usually the ones I choose to get a good run on. Today however it was Steve Winwood's "Night Train" and I did 2 miles nonstop!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    This is really immature, but while jogging on the treadmill, I picture myself in a horror movie, being chased by either Jason or Freddy Krueger. That's the only way I can get through the jog!
    I'll try that!