My Journey To a Healthier Me.... Ketogenic/Paleo Diet...

Options
shellyvet2007
shellyvet2007 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

My name is Michelle, and this is the restarting of my journey to a healthier me.

I have been on this site for a while, using it on and off. 2 years ago I was doing very well with my diet and fitness regime. I was monitoring my food intake, and working out multiple times per week.

Due to a change in circumstances though, I felt off the health wagon. I stopped going to the gym because there just wasn't time. I was divorced and now a mum to 3 little boys and working full time. Cooking healthy meals was difficult. Take out was easy.

Due to my job, I was eating take out way to often. Even when I attempted to make a healthy salad to take to work, someone was always going out to get some take away and asked if I wanted anything temptation was to great. Also, someone was always bring in some sort of delicious temptation to work including cookies, cakes, brownies, or other sweet treats.

2 years ago I was down to 130lbs and feeling very good about myself. Especially after having had 3 babies. Over the past 2 years though I have ballooned to 170lbs. With each 10lb increment I put on, I was telling myself that I would loose this weight. I would get back to going to the gym. No I am 40lbs up, and really need to start taking my health more seriously.

I need to feel better not just for myself, but for my 3 beautiful boys.

After reading up on different diets and regimes, I have decided that not only would I like to loose weight and be more active; but I would like to eat healthier also. I have decided to try a mixture of a lazy ketogenic and paleo diet. I would like to have more fresh meats, fruits, and vegetables in my diet. I would like to have less processed foods and sugars in my diet. Less sugary drinks.

If anyone would like to join me on my journey, or share there stories then please feel free. I think we all need encouragement on our ways. Share our little success stories. It makes the journey so much easier to know your are not taking it alone.

Regards, Michelle

Replies

• elgfun1
    elgfun1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle,

I'm Elizabeth. I joined this site today. I decided one week ago today to try a paleo/primal diet for several reasons. The primary reason is from all my research I understand that this maybe a way to cure some auto-immune issues I have. Secondly, I hope to loose more weight. In 2016-2017 I lost a great deal of weight (from 266 to 211-today). I lost the initial weight from November - April. Since April I have struggled to keep the weight off and have gone back up to as high as 220. My goal is to weigh 170-180 (I'm 5'8 and have a large frame). Really, I'm not as concerned with how much I weigh as much as being healthy and getting rid of my mid-section.

I'm unfamiliar with "lazy-keto" but I do know keto and I think it works for me. Mostly, I want to get off of all processed foods, sugars and grains. So far, for the past week, I've been successful. The first week wasn't too bad but I am aware that this will get harder to sustain without a support system.

I would very much like to join you and share stories, successes and challenges. I think this will be much easier if we can rely on each other.

Let me know how or if you would like to continue to connect. Either way, I wish you luck on your journey.

Best wishes,

Elizabeth
  • shellyvet2007
    shellyvet2007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes. My aim too is to feel more healthy. I too would like to loose weight, but it is definitely more than that.

I would like to feel healthier, have more energy, and not feel like I'm in a fog all the time. My body constantly feels fatigued and aches. I know we put a lot of junk into our bodies. Food, medicine, etc. Things are bodies don't need and can't use.

Being in the health field I also see the increasing prevalence of obesity and cancers. Our bodies just don't need the thing we put in it. It's not natural and not healthy.

I'm interested to see how my body reacts once I make changes for the better.