Greek yogurt

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
I just bought some vanilla yogurt and well I have tasted better yogurt.

So how do you like your greek yogurt???

Replies

• iwillbeoneday
    iwillbeoneday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt. Try adding a little Splenda to it. It makes it taste so much better.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of yogurt anymore. I'm more of a fat free cottage cheese girl.

DS loves Greek Gods honey and strawberry Greek yogurt. I like that my little self-imposed vegetarian gets extra protein. :)
    http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/html/yhoneystrawberry.php
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    with a spoon:bigsmile:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I buy plain, then add either fruit or sugar free jam.
  • nstjohn
    nstjohn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually just buy the plain greek yogurt and add a tablespoon of reduced sugar jelly...its a little less sugar than buying the flavored kind, but tastes a little worse if you don't like the super tart flavor :( After eating it for awhile though, I've become used to it!
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Plain, full-fat, a couple of oz of cut up ripe fruit, a teaspoon of honey. I'd take that any day of the week
    over ice-cream or just about anything else.

"Greek Gods" and "Fage" both make a regular full-fat version.

Good and good for you. You can't lose.

What brand was your yogurt?
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    I LOVE Chobani vanilla with some polaners sugar free blackberry perserves and a little bit of splenda... YUM!!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I adore Chobani plain, which I add fresh berries and meusli to :)
  • miccahatfield
    Options
    Greek yogurt is an acquired taste. It's almost more like sour cream.....tart.....
    I personally love Chobani Greek Yogurt. Favorites are Black Cherry, Peach, and Raspberry.
    Try adding some Kashi to it. It makes for a great snack.
    It's a great source of protein.
    I hope you start to like it!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Chobani is the only yogurt I buy...I like black cherry, mango, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, strawberry banana, pomegranate...am I forgetting any...like effing desert for me...not big on the honey or vanilla...I am a fruity guy...LOL..
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I eat Fage 2%, usually one of the flavored ones.

I used to prefer Chobani, but after Fage, felt like Chobani had an aftertaste. Several other brands I tried, I didn't like at all, like Oiko's. I think you have try brands until you find one you like.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like the chobani mango but it's so doggone expensive I'll play pretend with my dannon natural with diced mango.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    with a spoon:bigsmile:

ditto
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I myself don't like the extra sugar in flavored yogurts, greek or not. Yogurt, fresh fruit, and cinnamon. I love that combination. I actually like the sour taste of yogurts which I use in place of sour cream, or in salad experiments. Like with parsley, cucumber, celery, green onions, ... in a savory salad type snack. Or as some call it tzachiki or something.
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Plain.... && mix it into my fruit smoothies!!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is an acquired taste. It's almost more like sour cream.....tart.....
    I personally love Chobani Greek Yogurt. Favorites are Black Cherry, Peach, and Raspberry.
    Try adding some Kashi to it. It makes for a great snack.
    It's a great source of protein.
    I hope you start to like it!

hmm maybe thats why i took right to it, I am a weird one who will eat sour cream right out of the container
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I hate sour cream and was not a fan of Greek Yogurt at first. But once I got into the fruit flavors, vanilla, and honey... I find my favorite way to eat it is vanilla with just a sprinkle of honey and some flax seed or granola.

I even use the vanilla in place of whipped cream when I make my fake "apple crips" desert... saute apples in lemon juice and cinnamon with a sprtiz of spray butter until carmelized. Then top with greek vanilla yogurt and granola. It's like apple cobbler.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    chobani pineapple is my only yogurt
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani yougurt! Lately, I have been eating their honey yogurt with sliced strawberries for breakfast!
  • heathergettingfit
    Options
    Here are some responses I got from MFP members when I posted and asked what everyone's favorite Greek yogurt Mix-ins were.

Here is the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/310060-greek-yogurt-mix-ins