Options
2»

Replies

• Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    meowthhh wrote: »
    JAYxMSxPES wrote: »
    Seriously though you just have to keep doing it it will get easier as you get stronger. Keep pushing yourself you will get there.

A really good class for core strength is Pilates.

I agree, a traditional Pilates is a good means of improving one's Core strength. Avoid the ones that tell you they'll elongate your muscles and other nonsense.

If you can join a gym, a NASM certified trainer can work with you on a specific Core Strength & Stabilization program.

If neither are an option, you can probably Google some things. FitnessBlender on YouTube has some Pilates stuff. As you're searching, remember that you Core is more than just abs and obliques.

Core Stabilizers: Transversus Abdominus, Multifidus, Longissimus, Spinal Erectors
    Core Movers: Rectus Abdominus (abs basically), Obliques, Psoas (hip flexors), Gluteus Medius, Quadratus Lumborum, Lats.

Thanks for the informative response! I’m extremely intimidated by any gym but will look into FitnessBlender.

It’s ironic because I logically I understand that unfit people go to the gym to get fit, but just walking into one stresses me out. My new yoga studio is small and has a very zen comforting vibe, and I’m looking to try out their Body Sculpt classes, maybe that’ll help me a bit.

I started using FitnessBlender about a month ago and have found it really enjoyable. I’d suggest trying one of their low impact core or total body workouts at level 3 or under to start out and see where that takes you. I’m not a gym person either, and working out at home is just so dang convenient.

Fitness blender is one of my fav and best fitness programs ever. I do the 10 minutes lower back regularly.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Ahh a hip injury! That's why planks are harder. They really put alot of pressure on hips. :/

i've been trying to avoid just crying poormouth and blaming everything on the hip, but yeah. i have to admit i was shaken by how much muscular disorientation it's caused, so thanks for this.

it's been improving. slowly. but ime it really has been a matter of going back to square one and playing the cards that you got until you're ready to do the next thing.