3 weeks in and not seeing weight loss

Options
Why does it seem like my body is holding onto weight?! I mean, I am a pretty overweight 29 year old woman at 273 pounds, and have been on a pretty strict diet for 3 weeks and I am seeing absolutely nothing. I am getting frustrated and ready to throw in the towel, but I am talking myself out of it. I have struggled with weight my whole ENTIRE life. I have been a type one Diabetic since I was 9, diagnosed with Hypothyroidism at age 20, plus I gained about 70 pounds while pregnant in 2014. I am at a loss of what to do. I started researching keto diets yesterday and think that this would be the best route for me. I find that when I cut carbs, that's when I lose the amount of weight I need to. I guess I just feel like I need some guidance and support... so any would be appreciated!

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I guess a few questions here.
    1. Are both of your medical conditions under control via medication?
    2. Have you started a new exercise regimen? (This will cause your body to retain fluids for muscle repair)
    3. When you log your food, are you ensuring that you're using accurate entries or are you using generic ones? Are you using a food scale for all solids/semi-solids and measuring all liquids?

^ This
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Do you have a regular menstrual cycle? My lowest weight usually happens a few days into my period, when I have a whoosh and I can see my weight loss best when comparing weights from that week. So maybe wait a few more weeks? I always give it 1 cycle before adjusting my calories because of this.
  • robanntyler
    robanntyler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keto is a Great alternative ! I have been on it for 8-9 months with 75 pounds lost so far. It’s a very different style of eating & much more satisfying than other diets that have failed in the past. This ap is AWESOME for tracking and keeping your ratios in line for optimizing results. You must enter everything that you consume for results. GOOD LUCK !!!
  • Momonamission2018
    Options
    Thank you @robanntyler! What is the App called?
  • robanntyler
    Options
    This ap Momonamission2018, able to track everything consumed, it automatically calculates calories,carbs,fats & protein. This is vital for achieving Keto & burning the fat.
  • robanntyler
    Options
    Hey Mom ! Also Atkins has a free ap which I also like, has a great search feature & a great list of recipes.
  • Momonamission2018
    Options
    Down 2 pounds this morning!!! :D:D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    3 weeks is too early to tell. Have you restricted your calories too much? because if so its going to be hard to stick to. Carbs are not the enemy, to lose weight we have to be in calorie deficit ie take in less calories than we burn.

Glad to see you have now lost some weight, thats great :smile:

All the best.
  • stepladder49
    stepladder49 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Down 2 pounds this morning!!! :D:D

Woohoo! Slow and steady wins the race, girl!