Advice and motivation

Options
I need advice, motivation, as to how to work through day 1, day 2, etc when it seems so daunting and overwhelming and scary to start giving up the normal grind of eating without tracking to being diligent in a span of 24 hrs? Just seems impossible to start. I keep talking myself out of this whole mfp calorie counting switch. Need help!

Replies

• downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It works best for me to pre-log. I plan out my meals the night before & enter them to see what the counts are. Sometimes I have a change of plans but MOST days I just stick to what I had planned.
    I also have pretty consistent meals most days, so dinner will be 4 oz of meat, a green veggie & some sugar free jello at least several times a week.
    Its what has worked for me anyway.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    You take it one day at a time. Habits take time to build. You could pre-prep meals and snacks as much as you can, including weighing everything as you do so and thus you won't have to think too much on what you're eating, knowing you're having X amount of calories when you grab this or that. A food scale is worth the money.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you eat all the time now, maybe you don't have to count calories, just go back to scheduled meals. This can have several benefits: Not just weightloss, also less time spent on thinking about (or obsessing over) food, less time spent on eating, which means more time freed up for other important things, like exercise and sleep, more appreciation for food, better food choices overall, less overeating.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead for success. No more self doubt.

Sit down and write a list of the foods you will eat, prelog them so you can see how they'll fit into your day. Make sure you are weighing all solids and measuring all liquid.
    I find it easier to stick to if I plan everything out ahead of time.
    You don't need any special foods, you don't even have to work out if you don't want to .all you need to do is eat less than you burn. Create a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight.
    Take baby steps . Don't beat yourself up if you mess up. Just keep on trucking.