No loss, but gain....

Options
KatR13
KatR13 Posts: 39 Member
I lost 11 lbs in my first 3 weeks of working out. I did a different workout each week. Finally I decided to stick to one, but after my first week of it, I have no losses but gained a bit. How to treat this now? Where or what should I cut?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Don’t change anything just yet. Weight loss isn’t linear. If you make it to 3-4 weeks without a loss then you’ll want to take a look at your food diary to see what you can tighten up.
  • broomjoanna2
    broomjoanna2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m no expert and have no advice on this except to say whatver you do don’t give up don’t get discouraged keep going wait for more weight it will come push through the platue ❣️
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Don’t change anything just yet. Weight loss isn’t linear. If you make it to 3-4 weeks without a loss then you’ll want to take a look at your food diary to see what you can tighten up.

+1 Also if you are just starting out, some of your initial weight to come off could be water weight. 2lbs is max you should lose per week. Not sure of your stats or goals, but weight does fluctuate due to various factors. Meals large in sodium, TOM, etc... Log accurately, have patience and you'll get there.

Also taking measurements is a great way to track progress.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Are you eating in a deficit?