Hit the 500lbs deadlift milestone today!

Options
Not a big deal for many but I am pretty *kitten* pumped about it. I really wish I got a video of it. Normally I wouldn't comment on a PR but this one just means a bit more to me for some reason. I've gone from 65lbs on May 5th, 2017 with my first deadlift ever to 500lbs on Jan 24, 2018.

I really feel like 235kg (518lbs) by my one year of lifting is possible. Well, maybe not but I'll damn well try.

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's an amazing accomplishment!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    A.m.a.z.i.n.g.l.y awsome. :o

I can't even imagine moving that amount.

I hope you come back to the thread on your 1 year of lifting to update. (Don't forget to video it)

Cheers, h.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    That's pretty amazing to hit 500 in under a year of dead lifting! Awesome!
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My bench is barely 225 but for some reason my squat is 410 and now a deadlift of 500. I do have a big butt and it might help B)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    nice! congratulations.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Dayum! That's nice, and such a huge increase in your first year.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Congrats!!
  • Marykaylady2010
    Marykaylady2010 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thatnia a big deal congrats
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Nice one! Straps or no straps?
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I 've only just done 100lbs with Stronglifts I would love to get to 500lbs that's amazing accomplishment !

And in one year,really inspiring !
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    That's awesome. Great feeling until you're already planning your next milestone, five minutes later. Hell, you just mentioned what's next on your list already!

I really struggled once I got past the low-mid 500 range, myself. Took me the last two years just to put 20lbs on my deadlift :D
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,086 Member
    Options
    Don't belittle yourself! 500 in less than a year, compared to me peaking at 455 after 8 years. Granted, I didn't concentrate on deadlifting, but that's some mad increases in such a short time!

I also understand the idea that certain numbers just mean more. The day I bench pressed 225 for the first time will forever remain a special day in my memory, despite the fact I eventually worked up to 285 and was doing 225 for reps.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Shoot, I was feeling stoked that my little baby 90 pound today was feeling a tad too easy LOL.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Shoot, I was feeling stoked that my little baby 90 pound today was feeling a tad too easy LOL.

Nice work, now bump it up! :smile:
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Great job!! What a great goal to hit!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

Nice work, now bump it up! :smile:

It will be next week ;)
  • Okiludy
    Options
    Nice one! Straps or no straps?

I was doing 5 singles across. I was able to get to 485 before grip failed on 495 and had to go with straps. I did liberally use chalk :* and alternating grip. I can't do hook grip (half my left thumb was amputated in an accident).
    nossmf wrote: »
    Don't belittle yourself! 500 in less than a year, compared to me peaking at 455 after 8 years. Granted, I didn't concentrate on deadlifting, but that's some mad increases in such a short time!

I also understand the idea that certain numbers just mean more. The day I bench pressed 225 for the first time will forever remain a special day in my memory, despite the fact I eventually worked up to 285 and was doing 225 for reps.

Hell, I'd be happy to rep 225. I can barely get it now. We all have our good lifts and our *kitten* lifts. I am just lucky that my good lifts are ones that count for a much higher total.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You pulled a quarter ton. Congrats!
  • Okiludy
    Options
    This was pretty nice. I don't pull heavy every week. Last week my pulls were rack pulls and stiff leg deads for more sets/reps and less weight. Today was another intensity day and I cut back on the early volume and put it at the end. Hit another PR, @505 with no straps.

Here was the whole workout.
    Light Squat 3x5 60% 1RM(250)
    Intensity Deadlifts work to a top single then a backoff AMRAP 75%. 1x405, 1x455, 1x475, 1x485, 1x495, 1x505, 10x375(stapped)
    Seated Rows 5x10 70

I am really happy with my programming, recovery, and progress right now. Not sure when next plateau will be but I don't test again for 5/6 weeks. I'm hoping that I might hit 515+ then.