Greek yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I use FAGE plain...for everthing. Mostly as a mayonaise/ sour cream subsitute!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt!!!!! I usually mix mine with a bunch of berries, usually strawberries, and some granola. My favorite brands are Oikos and Fage and I'm particularly fond of the ones with honey on the bottom. The first time I tried Greek yogurt I had chobani, which I absolutely hated! So I didn't try any other brands for a while. Turns out that I just don't like that brand, although it's a really popular one. Maybe you could try different brands and flavors? I don't care too much for most of the fruit flavored ones because I don't like the squishy fruit in them, but the Oikos superfruit one is super good (there's no fruit or any chunks in it). The vanilla ones are good too. This morning I had some plain and added some vanilla, splenda, and half a scoop of Jay Robb vanilla protein powder and it was really good.
  • Tess12513
    Options
    I think that Chobani is one of the best greek yogurts out there, especially because the fruit on the bottom is so fresh! However, Fage plain greek yogurt is also really great. They have a 0% fat yogurt that comes in 100 calorie containers, and the additives are endless! A really great trick I learned was using one or 2 drops of extracts- like vanilla extract, maple syrup extract, lemon extract, coconut extract, etc... the possibilities are endless; the extracts last a long time and are virtually calorie free! I also enjoy adding Truvia, or some organic maple syrup with almond butter mixed in. And if you're more into savory foods, adding it to tuna as a mayo substitute or to tacos or nacho dip as a sour cream substitute is also very enjoyable!
  • justimogen
    Options
    I HATED Greek yogurt the first few times I tried it. However, I kept trying it every so often, until I developed a taste for it. Now absolutely love it. I enjoy Chobani and Fage plain (nonfat) and mix in some Vanilla Stevia. I think it's so yummy!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I will try everyone's suggestions I will even us a spoon and see if that helps. :laugh: Oikos was the kind of yogurt that I tried. I will keep trying and I will go from there. Thank you again everyone. :drinker:
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you are into such things. The July 2011 issue of Consumer Reports Magazine rates yogurts. Both Greek and ..uh..normal.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Try different brands. The first time I ever had it I hated it. I don't remember the brand, but it was flat and wide and you mixed in the fruit when you opened it. It was NASTY! Yoplait even has a Greek yogurt now- I like theirs or some of the Chiobani.
  • MrCake
    MrCake Posts: 53
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt + chocolate granola is my usual mix. Might add some mixed berries on top of it, or sometime simply eat it plain.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've tried to like it. I've tried three differet brands, with no luck. But I don't like regular yogurt either. I only like yoplait whips. I was hoping to really get into Greek yogurt. Maybe I'll try again someday. Guess I'm no help to you! LOL!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    with fruit and granola...i think it is a bit of an acquired taste but very tasty!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Plain, full-fat, a couple of oz of cut up ripe fruit, a teaspoon of honey. I'd take that any day of the week
    over ice-cream or just about anything else.

Same here!
    Love it with a little drizzle of honey and a handful of chopped almonds, or a sliced banana. So good!
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani...strawberry, strawberry/banana, blueberry and pineapple...also fage with honey is nice....lots of protein in the greek yougurt....enjoy :smile: never tried the mango will have to ask my supermarket...
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Plain non fat with high fiber cereal and fresh fruit. Lots of protein, lots of fiber, and all the good stuff from the fruit. I usually do strawberries, blueberries, peaches, or some combo thereof. If it's too tart, you can add splenda or a bit of honey
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can only eat it if i add some sugar free jello mix...then sometimes I freeze it for a yummy treat :)
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love The Greek Gods vanilla yogurt (regular, not nonfat), but my husband and I go through it too quickly and it's fairly high in calories so we usually just get the nonfat plain. I like it in things like curried cauliflower soup or layered, parfait style, with raspberries and granola. As someone else said, the brand matters. All Greek yogurt is not the same.
  • medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Dannon fat free Greek Vanilla! I tried a few other brands and did not care for their version of vanilla or plain. Plain greek (any brand) works well in place of sour cream in my opinion.
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    I love Chobani, particularly strawberry and blueberry. I like to freeze it, then eat it when it's about halfway thawed out.
  • fitness63
    fitness63 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of yogurt anymore. I'm more of a fat free cottage cheese girl.

DS loves Greek Gods honey and strawberry Greek yogurt. I like that my little self-imposed vegetarian gets extra protein. :)
    http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/html/yhoneystrawberry.php

If you eat low fat cottage cheese before bed the casein will slowly digest and keep your metabolism up. I trick I heard from a body builder.
  • cubbylvr87
    Options
    Ha ha, I don't. I also tried the vanilla. Blah!
  • delidot
    delidot Posts: 12
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek yogurt............is better than sliced cheese, sour cream, even ice cream! I use it in place of sour cream...think it is better. Yum, yum !