Instant Pot

Options
Ok so I went and got a an instant pot. Any ideas for carb free meals?

Replies

• murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    SkinnyTaste.com has a bunch of recipes that have been adapted for the Instant Pot, and she also has many low carb recipes. Over the past year or so a ton of blogs have started up dedicated to Instant Pot cooking. I use mine primarily to pressure cook various meats, so I suppose most of what I make is low carb though I don't follow a low carb diet. My husband made really delicious red wine braised short ribs in under an hour a few nights ago, the red wine could be substituted out. Pretty sure he just googled a recipe. We've also pressure cooked whole cut up chickens with lemon juice and veggies, brisket, pork chops with mushrooms...the list goes on. We often just pick a cut of meat, put some veggies and some form of liquid in there and let the pressure do its job.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I love my Insta-Pot. Pinterest is a great place for recipes.
  • jbbjbb2017
    jbbjbb2017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make hard-boiled eggs in my Instant Pot. 5 minutes on medium pressure. They come out super-easy to peel and hard-boiled eggs are one of my go-to lunches.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Instant Pot is awesome for breaking down meat quickly, so you'll definitely love it.

I like putting a whole chicken in my IP (high pressure, 6 minutes per pound + 2 minutes, natural release) then shredding the meat and returning the bones to the IP with water, herbs and mire-poix to make a bone broth.

It's also awesome for stews, curries, soups and braising any kind of meat.

As mentioned above, hard-boiled eggs are a breeze. I grabbed this double-trivet from Amazon to make enough hard-boiled eggs for the week: http://a.co/7PkrcbG