Getting back on the Wagon again.

Well, it's that time of the year again. Time to try and be successful at losing weight. I have lost weight before, from 30lbs all the way to 62lbs. Can't count how many time I have tried and failed within the last few years. Never really seemed motivated to change my lifestyle; I was only doing it because I knew I had to. But since the biggening of this year, I have never been so motivated in my life. I'm down 15lb since then, and I have cut out everything unhealthy. Im ready to finally lose all the weight, and keep it off!

Replies

• Jeepfreak81
    Jeepfreak81 Posts: 35 Member
    Good Luck to you, I'm not one for the new year new me bull, but that's how the timing worked out this time around for me. I'd lost nearly 20 lbs last spring and put it all back on for various reasons. I work a desk job now, which is MUCH less active than I'm used to. I'd like to say I'm cutting everything unhealthy but I'm being realistic, this has to stick forever so I'm just trying to make small adjustments that I can live with and stick to it.....hopefully forever.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Heh, it was trying to cut out everything unhealthy that made me a yoyo-dieter. "Everything in moderation" has kept my weight stable for over three years (the longest in my life).
  • javarob66
    javarob66 Posts: 24 Member
    I have lost 30lbs on a few occasions, and once I lost 55. Things you did at 30 aren't as easy at 50. My latest attempts at a getting on a workout schedule were thwarted by joint pain. I was pretty much resined to being tired, overweight and unhappy. So randomly (and probably in desperation) I started the keto diet which I thought was kind of crazy. Long story short, I love it. I am down 20lbs in 6 weeks and it was quite easy. I am in much less pain (i assume inflammation), way more energy, and my mood is much more stable. After three days, my sugar and bread cravings were completely gone. I started following Dr Berg and Dr Jason Fung. Understanding the role of insulin/insulin resistance has given me back my life and I am certain I can finally and permanently stay out of the yoyo-diet game. Anyway, best of luck to you.
  • jackiechenery62
    jackiechenery62 Posts: 63 Member
    You can add me
  • Tonyjb2012
    Tonyjb2012 Posts: 19 Member
    How do you add people?
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Tonyjb2012 wrote: »
    How do you add people?

Click on their name and it will bring up their profile then click the button to add friend or request friend..

You can add me if you want ..
  • Tonyjb2012
    Thank you! Will do.
  • Tonyjb2012
    And thanks everyone for sharing your stories and experiences. It really helps and is great motivation!