Cowboys and Aliens or Planet of the Apes?

Options
ImNotThatBob
ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
Recommendations anyone?

Replies

• JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Haven't seen either yet (so, what's the point, right?), but my vote would go to Cowboys and Aliens.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I want to see both! =/
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have seen both and definitely recommend Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was the perfect relaunch of the original franchise, and was so well done I was actually amazed. Cowboys and Aliens--not worth paying any amount to see it. I regret having seen it at all. It was bland, bland, BLAND! The acting was bad, the script was bad, the plot was bad...it was just bad. So, I hope you go see Apes. :D
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Heard Planet of the Apes was good. I'm going to watch it tomorrow and I just watched Cowboys and Aliens. It was good. Captain America was really good.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen either, but...

Harrison Ford vs. not-Harrison-Ford? Dude, no-brainer. :wink:
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Planet of the Apes it was great well i thought so i havnt seen Aliens and cowboy thingy
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I LOVED the new Rise of the planet of the apes movie.
    It was really amazing.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Cowboys one.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I had hoped that Cowboys and Aliens would be good. It wasn't.

There's not much more to say about it. But if you're looking for Predator set in the old west ... Well, hopefully they'll make that movie.

That said, I don't really think Planet of the Apes is going to be good, but if you're set on seeing one of the two, do that one.
  • jbretz
    jbretz Posts: 43
    Options
    DEFINITELY see Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I saw Cowboys & Aliens the day before. (working in a theater has its perks) C&A was good, but RotPotA was so much better.
  • pienrico
    Options
    DEFINITELY, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I let my wife choose and so obviously we saw Harrison Ford & Daniel Craig, I mean Cowboys and Aliens. It was a good movie and we enjoyed it. It just wasn't a great movie. Some of the acting fell victim to cheesy story writing and dialog, but hey, you gotta try and deliver the lines they give you, right?

The buzz around the (Rise of the) Planet of the Apes franchise reboot, reminds me of buzz surrounding the last Star Trek movie. I'm told that it makes a great date movie and that you'll want to save some time to talk about it afterwards?!?

What gives?
  • sutekh
    sutekh Posts: 19
    Options
    The Planet Of The Apes one looks like a pile of festering dingo's kidneys, if the trailers are anything to go by....
    :grumble: :grumble:
  • BlueAventer
    Options
    Cowboys & Aliens.... because of Daniel Craig. In my opinion.
  • sutekh
    sutekh Posts: 19
    Options
    Cowboys & Aliens looks good, but I'm not sure if it's out over here yet...
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Saw Cowboys and Aliens this past friday and it was awesome! Harrison Ford can still kick *kitten*! LOL

And yeah Daniel Craig = yummy!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Friend saw POTA this weekend, said it was pretty good and that you feel bad for the Apes.

The special effects looks so good I'd actually be interested in seeing it even though I've never seen any of these versions.

C&A however isn't that Spielberg? Not my taste so I won’t see it but the director reputation is there.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    rise of the planet of the apes. it's epic. you won't regret it
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Cowboys and Aliens was surprisingly fantastic. Don't let the ppl without movie knowledge tell you otherwise. Starts off as a genuine western then takes it a little more sci-fi. The acting was what surprised me. From everyone except Olivia Wilde (who is just out of place) it's very good considering it's a movie about COWBOYS AND ALIENS.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I heard Planet was excellent....and Cowboys looks pretty good....so I'm not help. I'm going to see them BOTH!
  • shiggyshane
    Options
    rise of the planet of the apes was alot better..