what's your guilty pleasure while working out?!

Options
2»

Replies

• KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" on repeat for 45-60mins on the elliptical is my guilty pleasure! :)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i like to repeat songs over and over again too!!! especially when i find one that is really great!!
    Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" on repeat for 45-60mins on the elliptical is my guilty pleasure! :)
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasure is watching TV shows on my phone (from Netflix) while I'm on the elliptical. I pop in the headphones and am distracted for 30-60 minutes.

I'm also guilty of reading the trashy magazines!! Sometimes I pick up Women's health or some fitness magazine but it never beats catching up on celebrity gossip :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Don't really have a guilty pleasure I guess per say. If anything when I'm doing some olympic style lifts you kinda have to get violent with the weight and I think of people that really piss me off, mostly in-laws.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Cussing at Shaun T...I probably wouldn't do that if I didn't workout at home. : )
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I swear at Jillian on an almost daily basis.....my dh thinks I'm crazy because I'm talking to the tv, but it makes me feel better! I'm also saving up for a new ipod, so I can download shows to watch while I'm on the treadmill or elliptical.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I have to wear shorts and a sports bra to workout...I exercise alone as well. I also have to listen to music extremely loud. It drowns out the swearing toward the end. lol
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I love music! I blast it while interval training outside.. when I'm inside I don't listen to music but I do just wear my bra when doing EA Sports.. and blast the dang fan in my face (lol).. when I'm doing my stationary bike though I love watching TV.. I hate that bike, couldn't get through it without being distracted!

If I could read and walk I would.. but I find it slows me down... I love reading.. to bad I can't figure out a way to not slow down and do it, lol.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go to the track and there are athletic high school kids running... I don't want to be the creepy old lady who stares at the teenagers, but- but- some a dem boys, dey be shirtless! :bigsmile:

LMAO.. I love this.
  • cnldance
    cnldance Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    my workout play list consists of songs that are alllllllllllllllll played in the club so when im wroking out i imagine myself dancing with a cute guy in the club to that particular song lol:blushing:
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    I work out at home too. Just my sports bra and 3 fans all blaring... Oh and I crank the temp to about 68....(don't tell my husband..lol)

I swear a lot too.. It helps. :)
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    i work out and watch tv... Biggest Loser is my favorite thing to watch and ofc its not on during the summer ARGH! lol Sometimes I'll play with my gameboy while moving my legs on bike
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I listen to music that I typically would listen too, mostly 90's rap like NWA, DMX, and Tupac.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

The whole album is just under an hour. I put it on and every song that comes on I say to myself 'ooh this is my favourite song' because I can't decide which one is my favourite. Then when it gets around to the first songs again I realise I've done heaps and haven't noticed!! Especially on my bike... a couple of hours goes sooo quickly when I'm trying to sing AND pedal AND concentrate on staying upright!
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    ok, i'm a little shocked that i'm the first one to post this. But since i work out at home, alone, i go commando.
    Come on, i can't be the only one. fess up.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is really immature, but while jogging on the treadmill, I picture myself in a horror movie, being chased by either Jason or Freddy Krueger. That's the only way I can get through the jog!

lol I def did this during my last 5K!! i was struggling and then I remembered someone on here saying how their bf told them to "run like the zombies are after you," and that's all I pictured for the last 1/4 mile or so hahaha, gonna keep it from now on!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Don't really have a guilty pleasure I guess per say. If anything when I'm doing some olympic style lifts you kinda have to get violent with the weight and I think of people that really piss me off, mostly in-laws.

HAHA!! I know whatcha mean!!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    ok, i'm a little shocked that i'm the first one to post this. But since i work out at home, alone, i go commando.
    Come on, i can't be the only one. fess up.

there are 2 reasons that I don't: 1. my son is usually around, and 2. I like to have something to soak up my sweat at least a lil bit!! LOL