Tell us about yourself"- requirement for PHED 1106 class

Options
I am not excited about being required to fill out the introduction about myself. I am embarrassed about working out in general because in the past, I knew people who criticized me back when I was in athletics for my weight, which caused me to stop working out all together. I joined this class because I wanted to give loosing weight another shot. I was frustrated to find out that my course was switched to an online course, because I don't like putting that I'm exercising to loose weight out there on the internet. I'm not really sure why my course requires me to have a public profile/account on this website either. It just makes me more anxious. I would really just like to work out quietly, without being bothered or put out in the open.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,961 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ((hug))

I would say in general in life to always be true to yourself.

I don't know what course or what "school" would try to require you to do this - but if you don't want to - don't do it!!

If you don't want your info on the internet - take it down. Use a kitty picture. Be a rebel! :lol:
  • yumesoraki
    yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nods. That is an odd requirement, but then again, I've heard some courses that make you sign up for other things. Probably a monitoring record for the professor on nutrition/exercise (but why limit to MFP when there are other sites/you can do a paper version - or request that as an alternative).

But even if it's public, you decide what you want to put out there. As the above post noted, put a picture of a kitty. Or Gir. Gir is awesome.