Feeling Lazy- Help!

Options
Got the lazy bug right now and am contemplating NOT going to the gym. I already took my rest day on Wednesday. I know if I don’t go I’ll feel crummy but can’t get my butt up off this couch!! Help talk some sense into me!!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Is it a workout you enjoy doing? I find I'm less likely to give in and be lazy when I actually enjoy my workout. Maybe you need to change things up.
  • klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Is it a workout you enjoy doing? I find I'm less likely to give in and be lazy when I actually enjoy my workout. Maybe you need to change things up.

I don’t really mind the workouts- but I don’t really enjoy working out at all lol...I had a sick kid a few days ago so I think I’m still just mentally exhausted from that- sometimes I get home and sit too long and grow “roots” and don’t want to get up. I think I’m going to watch an episode of something and at least just row on the machine.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    klr1981 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »

I don’t really mind the workouts- but I don’t really enjoy working out at all lol...I had a sick kid a few days ago so I think I’m still just mentally exhausted from that- sometimes I get home and sit too long and grow “roots” and don’t want to get up. I think I’m going to watch an episode of something and at least just row on the machine.

When it comes to cardio I hate doing it, so I made a long term deal that I can't watch TV until I do cardio. Some people find that getting ready for the gym/their workout is enough to get them to go, but I can get dressed and walk into the gym, then turn around and leave without working out.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
    Options
    Make a deal with yourself to go to the gym and do say 2/3 of your regular workout. Or 1/2. Something is better than nothing.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
    Options
    2 things I found out. 1) I needed an at home alternative workout. Some days I just couldn’t make the gym. The workout had to be enough so I could look myself in the mirror and say I did a workout. 2) When I made deals with myself to do less, once started, I usually did more. Sometimes I did the whole thing. The mind is a strange place.
  • klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    2 things I found out. 1) I needed an at home alternative workout. Some days I just couldn’t make the gym. The workout had to be enough so I could look myself in the mirror and say I did a workout. 2) When I made deals with myself to do less, once started, I usually did more. Sometimes I did the whole thing. The mind is a strange place.

Yes! Exactly this!

• gaby_gz1988
    gaby_gz1988 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually try to go in the morning before work just because I’m still half asleep, so I’m not really thinking about it lol