Sweet Potato

Options
Riskay123
Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
I am looking to try something different for breakfast. I bought some sweet potatoes today with the plan of roasting them for breakfast. What are your favourite quick and healthy sweet potato toppings?

Replies

• LaurenD63
    LaurenD63 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Definitely cinnamon! I used to eat them with cinnamon sugar but cut back to the standard ground cinnamon on my fast.
  • natalie_j_livingstone
    Options
    We roast ours with a little bit of coconut oil, cinnamon and garlic. So good. Not sure for breakfast but good
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good breakfast item to me. I eat them roasted with cinnamon, too. Anytime!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Adobo sauce if you like some savory heat in the morning. Sweet potatoes with a bit ( or more) adobo is a wonderful match, imo.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Adobo sauce if you like some savory heat in the morning. Sweet potatoes with a bit ( or more) adobo is a wonderful match, imo.

That sounds amazing. I actually opened this thread to suggest jarred salsa (especially with a few canned black beans) but now I have to try this with my next sweet potato.

• BigRed2525
    BigRed2525 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mashed sweet potatoes and turkey sausage is my go-to to-go (hehe) breakfast right now. I've been varying my toppings a bit--this week it was raisins and coconut, last week it was chopped pecans. Next week may be adobo sauce, I love savory stuff in the mornings. :-)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on top of sweet potatoes are amazing.... I eat greek yogurt with sweet potato chunks topped with pb for breakfast every day!
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions I have never heard of Adobo sauce. I am thinking about trying bacon spring onion garlic and natural yoghurt. I will let you know how it goes.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Adobo sauce is the sauce that canned peppers often comes in:

I usually get chipotles in adobo sauce. I rarely use the peppers, just the smokey, hot adobo sauce.

“Chipotles are small peppers (often jalapeños), usually 2-3 inches long that have been dried by a smoking process that gives them a dark color and a distinct smoky flavor. The canned variety we are talking about are canned in a red sauce that has a fantastic, smoky flavor as well.”
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I shred them and mix with egg white and a bit of coconut flour and cinnamon the spread on parchment paper and bake at 350/400 for yummy hasbrowns