Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've always used OXO
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have a $15 dollar one from Target. Nothing fancy, but does the job.
  • Ryansworld84
    Ryansworld84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I prefer a good digital scale that can weight food in different modes (grams, oz, lb etc.) Can pick one up about anywhere. I got my from bed bath and beyond.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine off Amazon, has different weight settings and does everything I need of it.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Mine is the Ozeri from Amazon US. Been going strong for about 4 years.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I had to replace the one I’ve had for years recently. I got one from wal mart. I got what I thought was the best one they had and I really don’t like it. It doesn’t have “hard” buttons, you have to tap the glass and it’s hard to get them to do what I want them to do. I have to tap and tap and tap. So yeah I’d recommend target or amazon.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    http://taylor-enviro.com/kitchen/food-scales/stainless-steel-digital-kitchen-scale.html

^This is the one I have. It was on sale at Target when I bought it. It's lasted something like 4 or 5 years now, but the buttons are starting to wear down and I'll probably need a new one soon. I like it, but it is hard to read if I put a larger plate on it and I have to use the plate on top of a bowl trick to see the display.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Bought a Taylor at Walmart. Took it back 2 days later. It rounded off to nearest 2 grams, didn't register negative readings. Went down the street, bought a Hamilton Beach for less than half as much. It does a much better job, does register negative, and is more user friendly.
    Just bought it, so I don't know how long it will last.
  • deimosphoebos
    deimosphoebos Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Amazon, got one for under 20$.
  • DohnutHead
    DohnutHead Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Another amazon suggestion here
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon. EatSmart. Has a large platform, large display, and holds up to 15 lbs.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Mine is an 11 lb oxo with a pull out screen . Love it. Little pricey but used a 20% off coupon at bed bath and beyond. Had to order though they only carried the 5lb version in store.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    Mine is an 11 lb oxo with a pull out screen . Love it. Little pricey but used a 20% off coupon at bed bath and beyond. Had to order though they only carried the 5lb version in store.

This is the one that I got recently as well. I like it. It works easily and well and if I have a big plate I can pull the display out. With the 20% coupon at bed bath and beyond it's only $40. Amazon carries it for around that price as well.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I got an Ozerifor about $12 on Amazon, because it was very highly rated for the price. I haven't had any issues with it.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    $5 Kmart one here. It’s lasted 3 years so far.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I also ordered mine off of Amazon.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Any scale that has a tare (zero) button will do - this function is invaluable and makes things much easier. I would also get one that can handle moderate weights (say, 10-12 lbs) if you're going to be weighing multi portion meals in heavy pots. Scales with a higher weight limit than that tend to be less accurate for smaller items (just a rule of thumb, it varies from scale to scale), and scales with a lower weight limit can be a pain if you tend to weigh heavy stuff. I can't tell you where we bought ours as we've had it way before I started dieting (a kitchen scale is a common tool in most households here), but you can buy one either locally or from Amazon.