Failed, now I'm back...

Options
I lost weight using MFP in 2016. 40 pounds. I had 30 left when I decided to take a "break". Well 18 months later I have gained 20 pounds back...So here I am 50 pounds from my goal. I feel irritated and angry at myself. So here we go again...I'd love some friends that I could follow and encourage as I whittle my weight back down.

Replies

• RangeBoss
    RangeBoss Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I understand your feelings, and it’s ok. Take that energy and focus it on getting healthier. You know you can do this. I’d be happy to walk along with you. Feel free to add me. Good luck.
  • DohnutHead
    DohnutHead Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Stay focused and if you fall of the horse, get back on immediately. You can do no this!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    You didn’t fail. You just paused and rewound a little bit. Start up again and you will get there!! Try not to be so hard on yourself. Don’t let anyone dim your shine.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above quote. You did not fail. You lost consistency but it is possible to gain it back. You only fail when you give up. And sounds like you have not given up. Good luck getting back into healthy eating lifestyle.
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling I did the same but I have alot more than you. Don't kick yourself to hard you're back on the horse.
  • leggynita
    leggynita Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The main thing is you recognised it and got back into it. I've done it myself. It can feel frustrating but let that be your drive. X
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. My philosophy is this..."If you never quit, you can never fail!" If you never stop trying to do something whether it be fat loss, making money or finding love you will eventually find the thing you are looking for. :) Colonel Sanders (KFC) got turned down 1009 times before someone accepted to buy his recipe!
  • GoalGal50
    GoalGal50 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    To all those who’ve failed and now are back, there are many of us!!! The important thing is that we keep coming back so we are bound to get it at some point. I’m on day 3 and working toward my 50 pound goal. Wish me Luck. #YouAteNotAlone
  • pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you aren't considered a failure until you stop getting back up. you haven't stopped getting back up so you can't fail
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Continue_My_Dear Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sent friend request. I'm about 80 pounds from my goal weight and love to get motivation and give it!
  • missnetta1930
    missnetta1930 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I am back after the holidays and plan to get it together. Found out that the high sugar smoothies and meal replacements helped me stay overweight. Doing lean meats of proteins and vegetables with green tea. Four pounds in one week. Be well success to all.
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    I'll add you guys!
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, lost 20lbs in 2015-2016, had another 10lbs to lose, gained it back last year. I kept exercising, but with medications and my love for food, it came back on
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The story of my journey...except for the streak. 700 + days! You'd think I would have reached my goal but nooooo! At least I keep the streak going. lol
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I would say it's a setback and not a failure. Now you have the tools to get to your goals and you don't have as far to go this time so it will be much easier. Good luck to you.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    It's not a failure, you've learnt something
  • juventine2018
    juventine2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't worry we all go there . I'm also trying to do things right time! Keep it up and you will reach your goal!!!
  • olivere4
    olivere4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When we recognize our wrongs, it helps us understand where we want to go. It's okay to make mistakes- you've recognized it! Awesome job! Now, move forward! You can do it; we all can do it. Recognize, accept, and move forward.. 2018 is yours! Just reach for it :smiley:
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I think I added you all!