Switched from Keto to Weight Watchers-- need WW friends

Options
I lose fast with Keto, but can never make it past 2 weeks before I get mentally/physically frazzled. I've decided to try Weight Watchers for the first time so I can establish healthy eating habits consuming all types of foods before trying such a restrictive diet.

I would love to make some WW friends. I have a lot of weight to lose, so I am in for the Long haul. I'm mid 30's, female, married with 2 kids.

Replies

• Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I also had some issues with Keto / Paleo, but mostly because it really messed up my digestion. Once I incorporated resistant starch and raised my carbs to around 125 (which is still really low carb) I have done much better. Good luck with WW!
  • letitgosteady
    letitgosteady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I felt the same way about my digestion on the Keto diet. Before I swtiched, I started adding extra carbs in the evening and I felt a lot better. Because I'm pretty certain I have insulin resistance, I am going to focus on cutting carbs, but just not to that extreme.
  • candiigraham
    candiigraham Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just switched from Keto to WW on Sunday...I've done WW before with success. Keto was just too restrictive and I have a 10 year old. Especially when traveling. Not to add I kept losing and regaining the same 5 pounds. I think what happened for me I was doing well on Keto for 4 months. (only 15 pounds) then I went on vacation. Tried Keto again for 2 weeks, fell off and then this 3rd time I think my body was refusing to shed the weight. I will send you a friend request. I am 5/5' weight 205. Trying to get to 170 then 150.
  • sexygatubela77
    sexygatubela77 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If keto eating was messing with your digestion, it’s usually too much fat or too much dairy. While on keto for weight loss, only 50-60% of calories most come from fat; a chunk from protein and the smallest portion from carbs. Also, eating fermented foods and ingesting enough salt, magnesium, and potassium is essential to keep electrolytes in balance and feel good on keto.
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I’m doing ww and love it. Started January 1 and lost 13 lbs