When did you start to notice changes in your body?

Options
New Years resolution was to get healthy (again). I started lifting weights and attending a gym 4 days a week and I am quite enjoying it which is a unexpected. I read a meme once that said train for 4 weekend and feel a difference. Train for 8 weeks and you see a difference. Train for 12 weeks and others see a difference. How true do you think that is for people putting in a real effort? I increased my weights for the first time at the end of the third week so maybe that is me starting to feel the difference as I am getting stronger. Gosh I hope I see a difference in eight weeks even if it is only small. I am hanging onto this meme as my motivation. When did you start to notice changes in your body shape?

Replies

• sissyspace93
    sissyspace93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The last time I lost some weight I definitely noticed within 8 weeks. My face looked thinner in pictures and I could fit into some of the clothing that was a tad too snug going in. Good luck!
  • jessicastanfill
    jessicastanfill Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So funny that we don't notice it coming back! Maybe because we are in denial?!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    3 months in and tried on some summer capris. Ridiculously clownish big! Tried on some in back of closet that I wore a few summers ago..fit like a glove...yeah! The process works and is noticable when you least expect it :)
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I know I am being impatient. Just want to see some difference. Can’t wait for the next 5 weeks to see the changes. I have lost weight before but this is the first time with weight training. I am really keen to see my body change shape and get more defined.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When you see results is going to depend on many factors. How close you are to goal, bodyfat/body composition etc. For example I can see results after only a week in the beginning but once I'm really close to goal I have to take frequent photos since I can't see a difference.

Just keep at it and you will get there :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It depends on what changes you're expecting, what you "count" as a change, how observant you are, how much you have to lose, etc. Some people post that they've lost 25-50 pounds and can't see a change. That doesn't mean there hasn't been a change, just that they're not willing/able to see it/accept what it is. For me, my clothes felt looser and I was stronger at doing simple daily activities within 2 weeks.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have about 25-30 kg to lose. However, my focus is more on changing my body shape rather than weight. I am pretty confident that the weight will come of as I continue my strength training and watching what I eat but I have not weighed myself since I started 4 weeks ago. I am waiting till my next fitness assessment at the 6 week mark. I guess I would like to see my clothes becoming more comfortable in 8 weeks. I think that would be a realistic expectation. I am definitely feeling a change in that I am feeling a bit stronger.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I mean it all depends how much you put into it. But I could see a slight difference after maybe 4 weeks (I could see my stomach pooch getting smaller as could my husband) weight lifting is really the best.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already, start taking photos. It really makes a difference.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Yup 2 months but others who see me all the the time notice the baggier clothes after 3.
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Visible to others? About two months for significant comments. Honestly? For me, I start to notice small changes at about two weeks - generally a little less in love handle region, or my bra feeling more comfortable, even if it is just a few pounds. I try to pay attention to the small changes like that because it helps to keep me motivated.
  • SCRN2019
    SCRN2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have seen the same thing! So I am glad you thought to post this question! I love reading the answers!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My jeans start to fit better almost straight away. Like end of the first week. I feel like my face flickers- some times I see a change and sometimes I feel like I look exactly the same! I think your best best is to measure yourself with a tape measure every 3 weeks
  • cjpeach
    cjpeach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My experience is that after 3 days of Barre a week, it took about 4 months to notice the changes in composition of my body (more muscle). Now at 6 months I see more progress with stronger legs and arms. Only lost 8 pounds, but people say I look leaner. It is sooooo hard to be patient, but the results and finally starting to show! Now I’m adding in cardio couple times a week to accelerate the fat loss.
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Nice job, @GOT_Obsessed! You can totally see the difference in your midsection and arms. Keep up the great work!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    When I first started lifting and losing weight, I noticed it in the first 5 lbs. But it was mostly weight loss. It wasn't until I got to a healthy weight where I could SEE the benefits of lifting (I felt them, sure, by getting stronger). When there is less fat, you see the muscle.

Now 3.5-4 years into it, it's slow.
  • WellAlB
    WellAlB Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is an inspiring article. It’s taken me awhile to lose a measly 2.5lbs... But I do feel like I can see some slight changes around the middle. I can’t wait until I can see a big difference!