Hello!

Options
Hey everyone, I'm Mallory. I'm new to this site (I used calorie count for ages, but I'm trying this site out now) I'm 18 and currently in treatment for an ED. I went into treatment in April and have since been hospitalized twice. I have an outpatient team now, and I'm doing a bit better. I am trying to lose weight, but I'm trying to go about it in a healthier way and I'm trying not to use ED behaviors. I gained a lot of weight since going into treatment, a result of eating after having been in starvation mode for so long. So part of my reason here is to simply track my weight and make sure that it doesn't go back up. Now that the medical complications have been taken care of for the most part, I'm also trying to get back in shape, and I hope this site will be helpful for tracking my exercise as well.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you have an ED or want someone to talk to, I'm online a lot and would love to get to know some of you.

Replies

• crunchygirl
    Options
    Hi!
    The exact thing happened to me. I was hospitalized several times and had to be tube fed. That put quite a bit of weight on. It was really hard for me to deal with.
    I finally learned to lose weight the healthy way and am at my GW now. The only thing now is maintaining. It's so hard to stop. I want to be healthy though. I will not go back!
    Since you are still in treatment, I would be very careful. Just make sure to keep getting enough cals in and not restrict. I know once I start, I can't stop. There are several awesome people here that understand and would love to encourage and support you. Feel free to message me anytime you need someone to listen.
  • fleetinglovesongs
    Options
    Awesome attitude! I hope you do well. I'm trying to slowly increase my cals so that I don't binge/purge as much, but so that I can still lose weight. I'm not going to lose too much though, because I know if I get below a certain amount I won't stop. I'm just aiming for 10-15 pounds right now, and then if I feel okay I might go a little bit further, but not too much. I see a nutritionist, so I think that will help me not get carried away with this.
  • SkeletonSong
    Options
    Same with me. I've been rollercoasting with anorexia bulimia and being over weight since I was really young. I never would have wanted to recover of it weren't for my slams ing nutritionist and personal trainer. I don't even need antherapist anymore thanks to them :)
  • SkeletonSong
    Options
    How are you doing so far? DO you like it?