Want to start Strong Curves but...

Options
The fact that it is an ENORMOUS book totally turns me off. I just want to get at it and get started!! I mean do I really need to read a whole book? I am one of those that needs a printout with photos of the moves lol. I am a beginner, only doing body weight exercises at the moment, and I don’t know all the proper form and stuff yet. I know that will all be in the book but I just wish there was a more concise version of the whole program. I just checked to see that it is in stock at my local bookstore so I’ll definitely go check it out. But I’d love to hear some feedback from those of you who have the book and have done the program before I spend the money on it.

Also, I’m aware there is a pdf template on here somewhere where you can basically check off and enter the weight you used to track your progress and all that (I’ve got it bookmarked) but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other printable resources that had a little more detail - ie diagrams for each move, tips on what to do/not to do, etc.

Looking forward to hearing what y’all have to say! :) thanks!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There's a strong curves begginer program with a pdf that has just the workouts. Google the exercise name and you should find videos of the exercise.
  • southrnchic479
    southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh that makes me feel much better!
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I got it from library and read it... And templates are online for free.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It is worth the read in my opinion.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I read it very fast. I skimmed some sections but a lot of it is explaining the exercises
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If you buy the online version, it includes a printable PDF chart of all the exercises — by week — in a spreadsheet format,
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. It's a fast read, lots of photos, and really informative.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i don't have the book and have always had an aversion to the contreras cult, but if it's worth anything . . . i got starting strength when i began with lifting and that's another extremely-dense book.

so my takeaway from that was that you don't have to read every word if you're impatient or if parts of it just don't mean anything to you yet. but it's sure nice to have the micro-technical information if you ever do run into trouble and can't work out why. so i wouldn't let fear of density stop you from getting it if it appeals to you right now on other levels.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Um. I suggest reading the book. Don't you want knowledge? Suit yourself.
  • southrnchic479
    southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well here's some irony for you guys.

Bought the book on Amazon yesterday. Ready to get started, get sexy, rock a bikini...

That evening, I took a pregnancy test because I'm 4 days late and my boobs HURT.

5 weeks prego :D

LOL!! Still going to read the book but obviously I'll have to talk to my doc about proper nutrition and what exercises I'm able to do. If anybody knows any threads on here that might be helpful to (pregnant) me, please let me know!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Congrats!