Need friends!

Options
Hello! My name is Kayla. I am 22 years old and I have two daughters and have had trouble getting my body back. I have always struggled with weight loss and am currently weighing in at 167 lbs 5’3. My goal weight is first 145 then my pre pregnancy weight of 136. I welcome any advice and all friends. I’m a stay at home mom with no friends for support around me so I welcome any women to join me on my weight loss journey. I’m not ashamed to say I need a little help. I look forward to sharing my journey because this time I’m sticking with it!

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This worked for me- on MFP they call it a diary. Start making a list of everything you eat or drink. I used pen and paper. I thought the computer was a pain. Start filling in numbers. There’s a learning curve. But eventually you will just know a lot of the calories for things you usually eat. It gets easier the longer you do it.

Calculate a modest calorie deficit and aim for your number. Don’t set your sights on the most aggressive program you can think up. Accept that it will take time to get to your goal. Try to make moderate changes you can live with long term. Keep adjusting your program as needed.

And this is number 1- never abandon your diary. Track every day, good days, not so good and bad days. If you eat too much, track it. Everyone can track their good days. People who succeed track them all. You will make mistakes, bad plans, math mistakes, loss of concentration, fatigue. Just keep tracking. Forget? Go back and fill in your diary as best you can. Can’t figure the calories? Make a good faith estimate.

The process is more important than the numbers for any particular day. This will work.
  • dklmiller
    dklmiller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great info!
  • daisy4123
    daisy4123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I just started and need all the support I can get
  • jayne6485
    jayne6485 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you’d like. I joined last week. Tracking really helps me because it shows me how everything adds up. If I’m just keeping up with it in my head I forget the little things. I am 282.4 and have a long way to go but I’m focused and I can and will do this.
  • PrettyandFocused
    PrettyandFocused Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    This worked for me- on MFP they call it a diary. Start making a list of everything you eat or drink. I used pen and paper. I thought the computer was a pain. Start filling in numbers. There’s a learning curve. But eventually you will just know a lot of the calories for things you usually eat. It gets easier the longer you do it.

Calculate a modest calorie deficit and aim for your number. Don’t set your sights on the most aggressive program you can think up. Accept that it will take time to get to your goal. Try to make moderate changes you can live with long term. Keep adjusting your program as needed.

And this is number 1- never abandon your diary. Track every day, good days, not so good and bad days. If you eat too much, track it. Everyone can track their good days. People who succeed track them all. You will make mistakes, bad plans, math mistakes, loss of concentration, fatigue. Just keep tracking. Forget? Go back and fill in your diary as best you can. Can’t figure the calories? Make a good faith estimate.

The process is more important than the numbers for any particular day. This will work.

I totally agree with you.

I use the diary and I decide on my next day's meals while watching TV. If I see what I want to eat for the next day exceeds my calories, I revise my meal options.

I am open for friends too.
  • whatadaaaycbell
    whatadaaaycbell Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hey! I’m 22 and I live in PA. I love meeting new people on MFP! I feel it really helps keep me motivated. Please feel free to add me if you want some more support!
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I’m 19 and at 165! I was depressed for a long time and gained weight in my teenage years. I want to be at 130 eventually. I used to be at 210! Already lost 50 or so pounds! But I have been stuck at 165 for about a year. Sucks. Need motivation too!
  • TWRUNNER32
    TWRUNNER32 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me :). I’m about two weeks in.
  • Iwltwowoa
    Iwltwowoa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add me girly! I could use the motivation as well!
  • floceist
    floceist Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • scrubman
    scrubman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello all, looking for friends to keep me motivated
  • dklmiller
    dklmiller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support!