Low-Calorie Feast For Dinner Tonight

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
tumblr_lpkyo7qth61qf7n0mo1_500.jpg

I prepared the above three dishes for our company, tonight.

Everyone had firsts— and seconds— and, despite eating ‘til they were ready to bust, no one was able to hit 400 calories.

They just couldn’t do it.

The Menu (I have posted all of these recipes on MFP if you search for finallychelle):

1) Skinless Chicken Thighs cooked in the crock pot with Badia Mojo Marinade. (160 calories/serving)

2) Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” made with Healthy Request Campbell’s Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup. (65 calories per generous serving and VERY filling)

3) Tofu Shirataki Noodles “dry-fried” in a non-stick pan and then simmered with homemade low-cal spaghetti sauce, made from scratch. (45 calories/serving and also very filling)

I ended up having to show our company how to prepare each thing I served.

Safe to say it was a big hit!

-Chelle

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    very nicely done!
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am going to have a nice little recipe book so please keep posting more :bigsmile:
  • Jthurston1
    Jthurston1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I love cooking low cal meals for others to enjoy! No sense in cooking myself separate meals just because I'm counting calories! :) you food looks amazing!
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    Okay, those cauliflower "potatoes" sound DELICIOUS. I will definitely be looking those up soon! Great cooking!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    WoW, the spread looks and sounds delicious!! I love shiraki noodles, because of the low cal, low carb, and low fat!! Thank you for sharing!!
  • bikerb422
    bikerb422 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I tried to find the faux potato recipe but could not figure out how to do a search for it. Please post.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    SWEET MAMA THAT LOOKS GOOD! Thank you for posting! NOM NOM NOM!
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • lori8431
    lori8431 Posts: 68
    Options
    I love all these recipes..is there a way to save them and be able to go them without a long time spent searching for them?? Help, I am new at this.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I love all these recipes..is there a way to save them and be able to go them without a long time spent searching for them?? Help, I am new at this.

what if you just copy and paste them into a text file or word document and put them all in a folder on your hard drive.
    or even print them out and put them in a real folder in your kitchen cabinet. :)
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Now that you've commented these posts they will show up in your "My Topics" tab. Lots of folks just type "bump" to bump it up to the top of the pile-- and have ready access to the post in their "My Topics."

-Chelle
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    Bump
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    makes me hungry just looking at it!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to try those noodles I hear everyone talking about. I don't think I've seen them in the store. Can you find them in grocery stores, or just online? We don't have a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's here, just HEB and Walmart!
  • renzi01
    renzi01 Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Commenting so I can come back and make this later!!!! Looks absolutely delicious! :D
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That looks so scrumptious!!! And its healthy...bonus!!
  • lovewish
    lovewish Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dreabearxo
    Options
    They all look delicious!