Question

Options
If I’m not eating the recommended calories daily and I’m working out, will I tone up?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Toning up really just means losing fat. Which you'll lose. But you'll also lose more muscle if your deficit is too high and you'll be right where you started in terms of body composition.
  • JoanneWB88
    JoanneWB88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So I need to eat more?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    JoanneWB88 wrote: »
    If I’m not eating the recommended calories daily and I’m working out, will I tone up?

More likely you'll lose muscle if you do it for any length if time
  • JoanneWB88
    Options
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The calorie goal mfp gives you is exactly that - a goal. You want to hit it. It already has your deficit included, so if you eat less you will lose faster. Faster isn't necessarily better.

You mfp goal also assumes you will log your exercise and eat back at least some of those calories as well.
  • thapainmaka
    thapainmaka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You'll loose weight, if it's calibrated correctly. How the weight comes off of you is extremely subjective experience, but I guess you'll start looking "more toned" but weight lifting is really crucial to get good muscle definition.
  • JoanneWB88
    Options
    Ok thank you!!
  • JoanneWB88
    Options
    I’ve only been to the gym twice so far. Each time I do 15 min on the treadmill walking, and then weights. So total between 30 and 45 min.