Keto

Options
HI I'm Sky 33yr's 275 lbs looking to lose 100 lbs. Hoping to meet other on similar journey as mine

Replies

• Jus_gem
    Jus_gem Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm doing keto and have a total 50lb until my end goal!
  • dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Sky! I have a starting weight of 278, also hoping for around a 100-120lb loss in total my next summer. Started in November, down 35 pounds so far. I like keto, but I know for me it isn't sustainable for a long period of time (plus my cholesterol was higher than normal at my last check, so can't do all that fat). I'm doing a general low carb and lower sugar plan :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    dembkogirl wrote: »
    Hi Sky! I have a starting weight of 278, also hoping for around a 100-120lb loss in total my next summer. Started in November, down 35 pounds so far. I like keto, but I know for me it isn't sustainable for a long period of time (plus my cholesterol was higher than normal at my last check, so can't do all that fat). I'm doing a general low carb and lower sugar plan :)

A sustainable plan is the way to go. Dieting is short-term, maintenance is not.
  • kristen_senden
    kristen_senden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’ve just started Keto and have about 60lbs to lose. Looking to meet others on a similar journey. Please add me if you’d like.
  • Gaangel0121
    Gaangel0121 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey y’all! I’ve just started on Keto way of eating and need to lose about 70 lbs. please add me, I need meal planning help and just good advice please. Please add me.
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been doing keto for 2 weeks and wouldn't mind some followers and supporters! Add me as a friend if you like please! I try out new recipes all the time and can help. My food diary is open to friends to look at
  • Bbgirlgettingfit
    Bbgirlgettingfit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am doing a variation of keto! I can't eat a tonne of dairy/animal biproducts so I am doing low carb, low sugar. I also juice a lot and play squash! I have about 50lbs to lose. Add me :) i dont know how to add people yet!
  • CRAP01
    CRAP01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing Keto for about 2weeks now and am still finding my way. Does anyone know if MFP takes the fibre count off the carbs. I was told to take it off for a true carb reading????
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    CRAP01 wrote: »
    Hi, I have been doing Keto for about 2weeks now and am still finding my way. Does anyone know if MFP takes the fibre count off the carbs. I was told to take it off for a true carb reading????

It does not remove the fiber count. There are some software tweaks that you can add if you want to see a net carb count. Information and the software tweak at the link.

http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    I am doing a variation of keto! I can't eat a tonne of dairy/animal biproducts so I am doing low carb, low sugar. I also juice a lot and play squash! I have about 50lbs to lose. Add me :) i dont know how to add people yet!

To add friends on MFP:
    1) Click on the name below the photo.
    2) A window will open. Click on the name again.
    3) The profile will open. Click on the "Add Friend" button.
    4) You can also add a message to accompany your request. That's a good idea, in my opinion. Let the other person know where you saw them - what you may have in common, etc.
  • MrsScurtuIII
    MrsScurtuIII Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!
    I am 6 months pregnant, and have decided to go (somewhat) keto from now on so as to not necessarily lose weight, but to avoid any excessive weight gain through the management of carbs. I have had a hedonistic weekend -- but I feel that if I reduce carbs even by a little bit, then there will be some results.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!
    I am 6 months pregnant, and have decided to go (somewhat) keto from now on so as to not necessarily lose weight, but to avoid any excessive weight gain through the management of carbs. I have had a hedonistic weekend -- but I feel that if I reduce carbs even by a little bit, then there will be some results.

Make sure you are definitely getting adequate calories, hydration, and electrolytes. Some pregnant women can often get into ketosis at higher carb amounts so I'd shoot for a minimum of 50g net daily. Just low-carb would work well too. Anywhere between 50g and 100g net will work for what you're after. You'll need to tweak within that to find the place your body is most comfortable.