Slimming world & MFP

Options
Anyone else using MFP and slimming world together?

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If you need MFP together with slimming world, that is a sure sign slimming world isn't working and you should stop paying for it.
  • rsergeant79
    rsergeant79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do both - I like to keep going to SW group for accountability - having lost 9 stone i’d like to keep it that way! :)
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    how is the accountability different there then here? we offer free support.
  • rsergeant79
    rsergeant79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Absolutely! But there is nothing like having to get on a scale and have someone log your weight! I’ve been a SW member for 5 years now and I guess it’s just habit :) I don’t rigorously follow the plan as I find calorie counting more flexible for me
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Absolutely! But there is nothing like having to get on a scale and have someone log your weight! I’ve been a SW member for 5 years now and I guess it’s just habit :) I don’t rigorously follow the plan as I find calorie counting more flexible for me

If it works well for you to do both then I give you an AMEN!
  • SophiaJane81
    SophiaJane81 Posts: 40 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hiya I was doing slimming world at first then a couple of months in I started calorie counting at the same time. When it was certain occasions I wanted more flexibility than counting HXAs and HXBs (especially at times when I did not use them and wanted to use my calories for something else) and calorie counting gave me that.

I thought that I wanted to stay with SW for accountability. But instead I felt why pay so much each week and I could do this for free and I even recently joined Premium ( Which is a small fraction of what I was paying for a group).

If you ever would like to leave and have a accountability partner let me know.

• madaboutblu
    madaboutblu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to follow SW principles but use MFP - I would like an accountability partner, but if I am honest, I need to find someone who actually will check in with me etc lol