What's for Breakfast?

Options
Im new to this and looking for breakfast ideas. My daughter and I are both trying to shed a few pounds. Any suggestions? Thans

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I loveeee the Special K cereals with Silk light. :) I also like scrambled egg whites with fruit, as well as oatmeal mixed with banana. :D
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    3 eggs whites + 1 whole egg, scrambled
    2 slices of natural turkey bacon
    1 slice of whole grain toast
    cup of coffee
  • sarah829522
    Options
    2 eggs whites + 1 whole egg, scrambled
    1/4 C (dry) steel cut oats cooked with water add cinnamon ginger and steevia
  • Calahanras
    Options
    A banana with a tablespoon of sugar free peanut butter is tasty :) I have the Krema kind.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    3 eggs whites + 1 whole egg, scrambled
    2 slices of natural turkey bacon
    1 slice of whole grain toast
    cup of coffee

I know someone with elite nutrition that eats the same damn thing.
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    3 boiled eggs(no salt or pepper)
    3 pieces of turkey sausage or two veggie sausages
    Wheat toast(no butter)
    Apple juice 12oz
  • lori8431
    lori8431 Posts: 68
    Options
    I cook up batches of turkey bacon and then divide it into 3-4 slices in snack bags. I also boil eggs at beginning of week, then peel and divide the whites into snack bags. I grab this , take to work to eat ..no need to heat and drink a lite muscle milk with it. Sometimes a snackwell cinnamon raisin bar with half banana also. Cup cottage cheese that i have preportion out alon with a v8 juice. I do alot of planning and packing due to I work twelve to fourteen hour shifts and try to eat healthy snacks and small meals every two to three hours. Hope this helps.
  • Kuniva
    Kuniva Posts: 8
    Options
    Some decent ideas all around. I would definitely focus on getting some good quality carbs like Old Fashioned Oats [any kind of whole oat / oat bran / flax seed] mix. Make sure you also get a good source of protein and fats. I recommend almond butter on ezekiel bread as a side to the oatmeal. The eggs are also a great idea. When I have the eggs I like to have an ezekiel english muffin with some challenge butter for healthy fats. Just make sure you fit enough protein/carbs to fuel your day!!

This should ideally be your biggest meal with the most carbs.
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like to switch my breakfast around and use Almond or Coconut Milk with them but am favoring the Almond Milk.

I have found Ezekiel 4:9 has a few cereals to choose from but I like the Original with flax.

I also have Millet puffs or Kamut Puffs that I add flax seeds and either a banana or blueberries.

Bob's Red Mill 100% Whole Grain - 10 Grain Hot cereal.

Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes that I have used as a hot cereal.

When I don't have cereal I like to have my eggs & Ezekiel 4:9 low sodium or Spelt toasted breads and either cantaloupe or pineapple on the side.

There is always Oatmeal but do not use the flavor packets as they are processed - go with the natural whole grain or steel oat ones and you can cook them on the stove top or even the microwave. There have been several posts on here about a cold oatmeal you can prepare the night before - just check out the topics on the message boards.

Hope this adds some additional ideas for you to try - you will get lots of help as this is a wonderful site - good luck !
  • kmac420
    kmac420 Posts: 24
    Options
    Recently I have been a huge fan of oatmeal parfaits - I make them a little smaller than the recipe states, so they are SUPER low in calories. Check them out here: http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1892
  • Pridgenization
    Pridgenization Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Kashi cereal mixed in to some greek yogurt -- I don't even like yogurt, but I like this!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    3 whole eggs, 1 cup of nonfat skim milk or soy milk, and 1 container of light Yoplait yogurt. (32g of protein :wink:)

I have that almost every single day. :)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My faves:

Fiber One 80 cal cereal
    banana or blueberries

1 egg and 2-3 egg whites scrambled
    canadian bacon
    1 slice cheese

oatmeal
    blueberries and bananas cut up in it
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    fresh fruit smoothies :D

Some of my favourites so far:

1/2 banana, blueberries, milk, yogurt, 1/4c oats
    1/2 banana, 1T peanut butter, milk, yogurt
    1/2 avocado, milk, honey (+/- yogurt, as you like)

avocado was also fun with PB ... but I am super keen to try it with pistachios once i remember to pick some up!

v filling with oats in especially and soo tasty :D