Finally doing it this time: accountability buddies

Options
Can anyone relate to the nights you lay awake... thinking about so many things. You want to restart your health and fitness journey, you want to lose those kilos/ pounds, eat healthily and start going to the gym again, but you've been hesitant for so long and somewhere you no-longer believe in yourself.
I am not new to fitness. I have lost and gained weight more often than I would like. I recently started going to the gym, and set up new- years resolutions. But life and all its trouble always seem to get in the way.
I stood on the scale today at 54.6 kilos. I have gained over ten pounds or 4 kilos in 3 months. I know what I need to do, and I know that I want to change.
I am going to use myftnesspall to stay accountable. I will be logging daily, weighing myself daily and logging my workouts.
I plan to go on a 15 week cut. I believe that slow but steady will win this race.
Along the way will post any meal ideas/ workout routines etc. that I come across and find useful.

If anyone is looking for an accountability buddy or would just like to follow my journey which will include daily updates, please stay tuned.

I believe that together we can do this!

Replies

• ndagiremutebi
    ndagiremutebi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No accountability buddies yet, but that's okay ^^
    Today was a great day. I did a few ours of cardio including a 6 mile/ 10 km run and an upper body workout.
    I followed my diet to the T and finally feel like I am ready to cut.
    If at any point you feel like you want to join, feel free!
  • lakisha32
    lakisha32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am fairly new at utilizing this site as a part of the community. Would I just need to friend request you? I am also looking for accountability partners in my journey.
  • ndagiremutebi
    Options
    lakisha32 wrote: »
    Hi there, I am fairly new at utilizing this site as a part of the community. Would I just need to friend request you? I am also looking for accountability partners in my journey.

Glad to have you on board! Good luck! We can do this.
  • hotmamma2016
    hotmamma2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I'm looking for someone to help me get my daily training in. My goal is to run a 2nd half marathon.
  • SculptedRoyal
    SculptedRoyal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes that is me up from hours 3am- 6am then it is time to wake my son for school. I either meditate. Read. Or watch Buffy bodynomics . I Sometime sit up to think about what's stopping me from getting back in shape. I then right down everything that makes me feel exhausted, lazy, And i realize Facebook was a HUGE distraction. Ill find myself on that devil for 2-2 1/2 hours straight!!!! I could use that time to workout. Throw some can veggies in the air and catch them. Anything.... In here lets motivate one another.
  • poofiewax
    poofiewax Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Let's do this together guys!!!
  • eve3738
    eve3738 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You may add me. Also looking for accountability buddies.
  • wenikikini
    wenikikini Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I've sent you all a request to help motivate you all. Some days I need extra motivation. I have a lot of sickness in my family right now. My dad almost died back in NOV.. so my brother and I have been taking care of him. It's been rough, and has seriously got me down and depressed. I'm starting to come back to normal, now that he's getting better. Just 2 more weeks and I should be able to stay home for good. Unless he gets really sick and needs someone there with him. You all can add me back if you want. I sometimes live on MFP... then I get busy and end up playing catch up. :) I have about 40lbs left to lose myself. I never wanna see 210 again!!!
  • kasshall
    kasshall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join in with you! I'm a 49 year old mother of 3 grown children, and have had many life changes that have taken my focus off of my own health and fitness over the past 3 years. I'm ready to get myself back, and could really use the accountability to stay motivated. My eating habits are very healthy, I just need to start exercising consistently again. I'm logging my meals daily, and will also be logging my exercise and weight as well. I haven't taken any measurements yet - I may do that, I may not. But I'll be on here every day, ladies. Let's do this together!
  • ndagiremutebi
    Options
    Okay! So great to see people posting!
    Day 2 of the challenge is complete. It is also the second day of a long, long journey!
    How did you guys do? Did you stick to your goals, big or small? If so, please tap yourself on the back because you did great. If not, think about why that happened, what could you have done differently?
    Remember however, that this is is a journey, and that every day is a step in the right or wrong direction, but that as human beings we all make mistakes and the only true failure is giving up.

I did a cardio session this morning and a training session in the evening. I feel tired, but satisfied.
  • stepladder49
    stepladder49 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* add me please! :)
  • ndagiremutebi
    Options
    I will be adding evryone tomorrow, along with a bit more of my fitness journey so far ^^
  • marilync1266
    marilync1266 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi please add me too!
  • ndagiremutebi
    Options
    Day 3.
    How is everyone doing?
    I am down 1.2 kilos... feeling tired but happy... and reflecting on how much time we would have if we could successfully lose the weight and spend the energy of dieting and exercise ( the kind you do just for losing weight) doing the things we really love and being around the people we love...
    Keep up the good work!