Need motivation

Options
Need motivation to keep going. Ive hit a plateau and its getting me down.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you sure? If you aren't losing weight, you're just eating at maintenance, and you have to decrease calorie intake. But it might be that you are losing weight, but loss is masked by water weight fluctuations.
  • causedinosaurs
    causedinosaurs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hitting a plateau doesnt change the fact that you can still tone up, and have your body get use to this whole new enviornment. eveeything takes time. :) this is just a part of it.
  • AmandaGonzalez2018
    AmandaGonzalez2018 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Are you sure? If you aren't losing weight, you're just eating at maintenance, and you have to decrease calorie intake. But it might be that you are losing weight, but loss is masked by water weight fluctuations.

Im on a very stricken caloric deficit. The recomended for me is 1200 and im always under. I never go over. Most days ivdont even hit 1000. I do some excersise every other day at least 30 minutes. Drink nothing but water while i have lost some 20 pounds or so my weight has not moved. If anything ive gained in the last week. My eating is not bad either. I do count macros and eat clean so i dont understand what im doing wrong.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Im on a very stricken caloric deficit. The recomended for me is 1200 and im always under. I never go over. Most days ivdont even hit 1000. I do some excersise every other day at least 30 minutes. Drink nothing but water while i have lost some 20 pounds or so my weight has not moved. If anything ive gained in the last week. My eating is not bad either. I do count macros and eat clean so i dont understand what im doing wrong.
    If you truly aren't losing weight, it means that you're not really eating 1200 calories or less per day, on average, over time. You are either not giving it enough time (weeks of doing the same, consistently), or not logging everything you eat/drink, or not logging the right amounts, or not using the right database entries. Are you hungry a lot?

Counting macros is the same as counting calories, and it has to be done correctly too (track fat, protein and carbs and hit all of them daily), in order to work.

Exercise and water intake means practically nothing when it comes to weightloss. Eating clean means nothing, period.

For how long have you not lost weight? Remember that weightloss slows down as you lose. If you have lost 20 pounds, you have been in a calorie deficit, but now you're lighter, so the same intake is not enough to provide a calorie deficit, or weightloss has become so slow that you can't see it, and it sometimes manifests as "weight gain".

Be patient. If your weight doesn't decrease (and you can't expect to see a drop on the scale every week), you have to reduce calorie intake. The most effective way is to tighten up your food logging.
  • colingrace08
    colingrace08 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try not to depend on the scale so much. Take before and after photos once a week and compare. Also try on clothes that may have been to tight in the past. You might be being to hard on yourself and stress affects weight. Just enjoy the journey and let your body do the rest.
  • AmandaGonzalez2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • kickflipsaway
    kickflipsaway Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eating less than your body requires to sustain itself can also lead to your body clinging onto weight. Unless a physician prescribed otherwise, maybe you can add a few hundred, healthy calories and see how it goes. +1 to whoever said to always recalculate your calories and macros after losing some weight; your needs will continue to change depending on your size and activity level.
  • AmandaGonzalez2018
    Options
    Eating less than your body requires to sustain itself can also lead to your body clinging onto weight. Unless a physician prescribed otherwise, maybe you can add a few hundred, healthy calories and see how it goes. +1 to whoever said to always recalculate your calories and macros after losing some weight; your needs will continue to change depending on your size and activity level.

Thanks this is helpful. Im going to add on somemore healthy calories to try and meet my goal of 1200. I never have it that high. My calorie intake is below that. But it seems that i should try and hit closer to 1200. I dont want my body in starvation mode.
  • pratesh
    pratesh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Whats your daily maintenance? Don't go to low before you start suffering from metabolic damage.