Exercise & Alcohol.... question

Options
I'm doing the 30 Day Shred, and I usually burn between 270-290....

One of the nights I did the Shred I had a glass of wine before doing the dvd and I burned 326 calories...

Is there any reason why you'd burn more calories working out after drinking alcohol?

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    wow..if thats the case, im drinking every night..LoL..
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Maybe more readily available carbs?
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    maybe u had more energy from drinking and u were doing bigger movements etc?
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You don't burn more calories if you drink else you'd have a bunch of drunk people on this site.

That's one of the problems of calculating calories burned based only on Heart Rate. It isn't accurate. Alcohol raises your heart rate and that is perhaps why your HRM says you burned more, but you didn't.

For accurate burn you need HR Rest, HR Max & VO2Max.
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    Maybe you didn't notice how hard you were working? lol
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    not a great idea....LOL....but also your body was probably working harder to try and do what you normally do.....I know I have done it before as well and felt crappy after.....your heart rate was probalby higher....before doing the DVD if you do a warm up first you will find you burn more...running on the spot is probably better then having a drink!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Ha! I didn't drink on purpose before doing it. =P I had a glass of wine with dinner and then realized after that I still had to do my 30DS. =P