Fish Oil Supplement - Storage question

Options
Someone told me that if you put your fish oil capsules in the freezer it will help preserve and reduce the fish burps that you sometimes get from taking them. Is this bro science or good advice?

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I’ve read that, too, but never tried it. Supposedly it slows absorption. What I did was take a minimum dose and take it during or after a meal so it was digested with food.

This is one of those supplements you should discuss with your doctor. It can affect high blood pressure meds as well as some diabetes meds.

By the way, if your doctor prescribes it, your insurance may cover it so it’s cheaper than buying over the counter. Also, I think there are some time release versions so it’s less likely to cause burps.
  • SwissHausfrau
    SwissHausfrau Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just buy the ones that are anti burp....
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in the fridge. I don’t see any downside to doing so, and hey, maybe it helps.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I've heard it, but never tried it. I keep mine in the refrigerator and have no problems with fishy burps, so I've never bothered freezing them to try it out (mine aren't the 'no fishy burps' kind, either).