Hello! New Rochesterite looking to drop some pounds.

Options
I spent most of my college years at about 190-200 pounds. I was not okay with it, but I learned to accept it because losing weight had never really worked for me in the long term. I went a long time without looking at a scale. When I finally weighed myself again recently, I weighed 238 pounds. Many of my favorite clothes were too tight, and I felt miserable.

I decided to join a gym, eat better, and make a real change. I've been back to using MyFitnessPal, and in the past 3 weeks I lost 6 pounds. My goal right now is 50 pounds weight loss by year end, but I should continue after that, too.

I live in Rochester N.Y. and I would love to meet people who are also embarking on this journey to get fitter and feel better about themselves.

Replies

• noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi Sweetpea! I too am miserable with the weight I am 142lb but i'm very small and recently I was 150lb and that took me into almost obese levels , every lbs lost looks different on me , and it takes a long time for me to lose ..why does it go on so quickly? Had good results on low carb and calorie counting. Would like to get down to 120lb as thats in the middle of healthy . I'm also from Rochester but the Uk. We have a 900 year old cathedral and castle remains that are older, very preety cobbled victorian high street and charles dickens lived here..no excuse for me to not go out for a walk!. I want to try the 30 day shred again eek. Good luck to you.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just had to say "Hi". I'm from the Mohawk valley area here in upstate NY, I have family that's from Rochester- so I couldn't resist. Good luck on your weight loss journey. :smile:
  • stopthat35
    stopthat35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi...I was smallish until I hit my 40's. My doctor put me on a low-card diet after I hit obese level. My BP was up, energy was down, and self esteem was non-existent. I am still struggling to lose, just 4 pounds thus far.

Feel free to add me, maybe we can help each other. Good luck!