zumba calories

Options
Wow so at low impact I burned 598 for 70min worth acording to the zumba cal.com site...can this really be right?? That is an awesome burn for dancing round..I kinda feel like it can't be that much!!

Replies

• jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    Good question! I do a zumba class 3-4 times a week at my gym but I've just been putting it in as aerobics. My workouts are 60 min and it usually comes out around 450 calories.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    it is most definitely possible! :)
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It is VERY possible!!! Good burn :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Depends how how much and how intense you move
    My HRM usually shows a burn of about 500 calories
    for 45 min
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I used 500 cals when I did a class, so it is probably right!

GG
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I burn around 600 a class and thats at high impact
    that site was not accurate on what I should burn in the class

I would suggest getting a HRM so that you can accurately count your calories

I can also burn up to 700 a class if I have a different instructor
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    its pretty accurate they say... awesome aint it? probably why i'm so hooked on it!
  • chelzmartinez
    chelzmartinez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does depend on the instructor and also the effort you put into it. The max I've done in 60 mins was slightly over 1000 cals but my average is between 450 (minimum effort) and 875 (high effort) in my normal 50 minute class. I use a HRM for all my exercises including P90x routines.
    Good luck!
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    its pretty accurate they say... awesome aint it? probably why i'm so hooked on it!

I can see where the addiction kicks in lol
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    thanks guys I think I have found something ultra fun and with calorie burn thats awesome!!
  • LadyKatarina
    LadyKatarina Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I put in low/moderate intensity to my Zumba classes about 4 times per week, my best friend Alexis is the instructor so I know the routines pretty well. I have a Heart Rate Monitor set to my weight, age and gender, and on average I burn between 550 to 650 calories from start to finish in a 60 minute class including the cooldown and stretching at the end.