HEY RUNNERS!

Options
Hey y'all I have recently fell in love with running.
I went from dreading the mile throughout school to currently training for the Long Beach Half Marathon.
So all you fellow running enthusiast add me.
I would love to talk to someone who doesn't think my new found passion is crazy!

Replies

• drakeswife09
    drakeswife09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds just like mine!! I'll send you a request :-)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!! That's awesome that you found running and are training for a 1/2 marathon! I too love running and am training for a 1/2. Best of Luck!!!!
  • WorkIt_Eloise
    WorkIt_Eloise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Got your request drakeswife and good luck to you too 27strange!!
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey, Cali girl, like me! I'm considering the OC half. It's not until may though! I celebrated my birthday last week with my longest run yet! 8.3 miles!

I started running about 2 years ago. My dad is a runner too. I'm totally addicted, lol. Add me!!! I'm new here!
  • dHowe4406
    dHowe4406 Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm a big runner too. Took about 2 years off and gain a lot of weight. But now I'm back to running and loving it to!
  • xcmom
    xcmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Your not crazy, running is great!! I became a runner a couple of years ago & love it also. My husband & 2 teenagers are runners also so I understand your new found passion! I've completed 2 half marathons & a few 5Ks. Good luck with your training!! I sent you a friend request.
  • MaryTuttle
    MaryTuttle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good for you Eloise. I was bit by the running bug May 2009. Never ran before that, never. Have done 5ks, 10ks, 15ks, 1/2 marathons, 25ks and one marathon. Currently I am healing from my May summer marathon training and 25K run. Completed the 25k (bleeding feet and all), but have not been able to run so nix the marathon for this year. I did some serious damage to my feet but hope to be back on the road by fall.
    love to be your friend though - so friend me! Good luck in your training.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I hear ya'! I hated running when I was younger but have recently become obsessed. Friend request coming your way.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Same here! I hated running for SO LONG because I could do it! Imagine that, I hadn't trained myself to do it. Duh! I did me some C25k and almost 4 years later I've done mud runs, the Warrior Dash, LOTS of 5ks and 10ks as well as 6 half marathons. Right now I'm actually training for a sprint triathlon and start my marathon training for PF Chang's in September. Oh yes, I'd the Spartan that is out here in AZ in February - 8+ miles with 15 or obstacles! I can't wait!
  • WorkIt_Eloise
    WorkIt_Eloise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wow!
    thanks for all the request and love(:
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I want to become a runner! I've been trying and trying and it doesn't seem to get any easier. Hopefully one day. :heart:
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Heather- When I started running I did the cuch to 5k program. It starts off with very reasonable walk/run intervals, and you work your way up to running. I think it is a grat way to start, and you'll notice that somewhere along the road, you go from dreading your runs, to wishing you could keep going, or run more often!