Am I consuming too many calories??

Options
2»

Replies

• KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Just based on the numbers then no, under-cutting your goal by a large amount is clearly not the idea. The idea is to get close to your goal.
    Why would you think 2000 calories is too much for someone who is exercising a lot?

But what are your actual results over an extended period of time?

Weight going up/down/staying the same?
    Good energy levels?
    Hungry, not hungry?

I was just concerned because I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago but I think I was usually around 1600-1700 calories a day. I was running but still not burning as many calories as I am now. I only really started paying attention to calories again at the beginning of January so I don't have a lot of data to go off of. I've lost a few pounds. I seem to have enough energy. But I'm one of those people that tends to always be hungry.

Sometimes I think it's my desk job tricking me into hunger. Haha.
  • KBurkhardt08
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Fitbit calculate your calories used for the whole day,,you'd burn calories laying on the couch binge watching Netflix,it's only the extra calories you burn with exercise that you're supposed to eat back,I doubt you burn almost 700 calls with 70 minutes of exercise ,I walk/run for 120 minutes sometimes and only get an extra 350 to 400 burn for it

Ya I don't pay attention the the calories they're giving me for just being alive. Seems like too many. But 700 didn't seem too crazy since my heart rate is usually around 170 the whole time. Do you track your calories with Fitbit? How do you only get 350?
  • KBurkhardt08
    Options
    From what I can tell I think I need more time to see if what I'm doing is working. I've lost a few pounds but it's hard to know if that's from what I'm doing it water weight. I'm going to continue going off of what the Fitbit says I burn during workouts. I won't eat all of them back to make sure I'm good to go.