Diabetes 2

Options
I am a retired lady who needs to lose weight about 25 lbs. I am a type 2 diabetic so am trying to lose weight by drastically reducing my carbs. Would like to meet people with the same problems. I have been here before but had to delete the app because of problems so am now re starting. Help please

Replies

• TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best... I beat type 2. I was insulin dependent (6 shots a day).
  • Par_4thecourse
    Par_4thecourse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am starting over as well, after being diagnosed with T2D about two years ago. I have cut out all refined sugars, all processed foods, breads, pasta, etc. The last two mornings I've had nonfat plain greek yogurt, with 1/4c Angel Granola cereal, a tablespoon of organic honey, and a few raspberries. I have not been hungry all the way up to lunch. It may be my new go to breakfast. Anyway, play around with your old recipes, but pull out things that'd be not so good for you. Our house loves tacos!! I used ground 97/3 turkey and browned it with pepper, a little garlic, and plenty of cummin, cut up some roma tomatoes and green onions, and put everything in lettuce leaves. And surprise!! It hit the spot and was filling.

It's rough.. .but so far I have learned... make what you like to eat, however, think of a different way to make it up. //hugs\\
  • 05eileen34
    05eileen34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thankyou both for your good wishes. I realize that the only way to beat or help with this is to make sure my meals are pre planned, which is what I am trying to do.
  • bigsofty56
    bigsofty56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    H, I too am type 2 too, I have been for over 30 years, I am now 61. I still get confused with what to have, low fat has high sugar and reduced sugar has high fat. I can't eat a lot of salad or spices, they don't agree with me, need to find the right balance of foods so I don't get an upset tummy. I only have to cook for myself and sometimes it's easier for ready made which aren't really good
  • OKbookwoman
    OKbookwoman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've also just recently jumped on this Diabetes Type 2 merry-go-round. So confusing! I'm trying to eventually get to 150 lbs. from the 200 I weighed in at (Mid-December). My first weight goal is 175 and I'm a little over halfway there. But not sure if the way I'm doing it is healthy for a diabetic. I have an appointment with a nutritionist in two days. Maybe she can point me in the right direction....??