I cannot make up my ******* mind!

Options
The whole purpose of why I joined this site was to loose some weight to get down to a good level so that I could "bulk" up and gain some muscle.

But then I look at my before photos and I'm like, no way I want to turn into a slob again...yet I still want to build muscle. Why cant I have both GAH! :(

Replies

• ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well make sure when you GAIN the weight it is muscle and not fat. Focus on certain areas to build up but rotate the areas of focus...I think you are already doing that probably. Just stay focused. Another thing you can do is get a fat analyzer. I think they sell them at wal mart, the gizmo you hold on to, almost looks like a game accessory for Xbox or something lol. That way you can see that even when your weight is going up, the fat percentage is not.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Omron-Portable-Body-Fat-Analyzer/3342463
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Well make sure when you GAIN the weight it is muscle and not fat. Focus on certain areas to build up but rotate the areas of focus...I think you are already doing that probably. Just stay focused. Another thing you can do is get a fat analyzer. I think they sell them at wal mart, the gizmo you hold on to, almost looks like a game accessory for Xbox or something lol. That way you can see that even when your weight is going up, the fat percentage is not.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Omron-Portable-Body-Fat-Analyzer/3342463

Thanks for the tip Elizabeth, much appreciated :)
  • MaryTuttle
    MaryTuttle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Kohadre, to build muscle you have to us resistance. I see you have a P90X logo. My understanding if you use that you will gain muscle. Eat lean, work out mean! Good luck to you!
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    I don't think you need to worry about putting on "the goo" as Tony Horton calls it. P90X or Insanity are good programs to build muscle AND keep off fat (Btw, P90X 2 is coming out soon!). Of course watch your diet too. Some guys think they can eat as much of whatever they want just because they are exercising. You obviously know better.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It's almost funny cause I am trying to lose weight, but along the way I figured out that I need to gain muscle as I go or I'll be a weird wimpy bag of squish.

I think patience is key for both of us - if you rush things you will gain fat and be unhappy.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    I don't think you need to worry about putting on "the goo" as Tony Horton calls it. P90X or Insanity are good programs to build muscle AND keep off fat (Btw, P90X 2 is coming out soon!). Of course watch your diet too. Some guys think they can eat as much of whatever they want just because they are exercising. You obviously know better.

True, thanks for the reminder on that one, and yeah I will have to pay really close attention to my diet as well.