Team D'Terminators Week 2 Kick Butt August Challenge (Closed

Options
Welcome to week 2 D'Terminators!!!! Week 1 was just the beginning but we all completed it in style!! We have had many changes to our original group, so please take note of our FINAL list!!!

Here is our team roster:

Captain itsbigjoesgal

kpaden1221
KerriDodson
cjjones007
baypathgrad
marlabelle
mochama12487
megabux
searbear1980
Melroxsox
sarahnicolexoxo
fzyfrog
rmartin72
miovlb1
xcbballuver
rachelJE
lore112
sassiecassie08
Emerlad5152
HMKan

Let's kick butt his week and rock week 2 out in style!!!! Are you ready here are the daily challenges:

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs)
* You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
(Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Remember this is in ADDITION to your regular workout! .. Also any bonus/mini/counter challenges that are posted in the week are OPTIONAL you do not need to do them, only do them if you want the extra challenge, they score no points for the team. Only the daily challenges score points (1 per day, 5 bonus if the whole team does them everyday)

Weekly Challenge

Walk 100 miles (every should walk an EXTRA 5 miles - if you cannot let me know we have others that don't mind doing a little extra - but let me know right away)

and

Sumbit your favorite recipe to our forum ...

Replies

• mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I know this is a little early, but here is my recipe for next week....

Honey Chicken Stir-Fry.... I LOVED it over some rice.

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 garlic clove, minced
    3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
    3 tablespoons honey
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 package (16 oz) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegies
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1 tablespoon cold water

In large nonstick skillet, stir fry chicken and garlic in 2 teaspoons oil. Add honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

In same pan, stir-fry vegies in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to the pan, stir to coat. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth, gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice.

Makes 4 servings
    1 cup stir-fry mixture (without rice) equals:
    243 calories
    5 g fat
    66 mg cholesterol
    470 mg sodium
    19 g carbs
    3 g fiber
    28 g protein

Enjoy!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Here is my receipe, I'm making it tonight for the first time, but so far from what I've sampled it taste GREAT! I'm not serving it with salad or dressing, instead having Garlic Butter Red Potatoes and Green Beans with it (from Paula Dean)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/coconut-chicken-salad-with-warm-honey.html

Warm oven-fried coconut chicken over a bed of baby greens, cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots topped with a hot honey mustard vinaigrette. It's the perfect mix of salty and sweet, warm and cold.

I'm not sure what it is about spring, maybe the thought of having to get into a bathing suit in just a few more months, or maybe it's just the sunshine that switches my brain to want less soups and stews to large main dish salads. This salad has plenty of protein to keep you satisfied and the warmth of the chicken doesn't leave me feel like I'm missing something. Serve this for lunch or dinner; use any combination of salad fixins' and dig in!

For the chicken I found the cornflake crumbs gave this a nice crispy texture, but unseasoned breadcrumbs would work just as well in their place. This would also be great with shrimp, enjoy!!

Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 3 • Serving Size: salad with 2 chicken tenders • Points: 8 pts • Points+: 8 pts
    Calories: 397.6 • Fat: 11.0 g • Protein: 26.8 g • Carb: 32.5 g • Fiber: 4.4 g • Sugar: 10

6 (about 12 oz) chicken tenderloins
    6 tbsp shredded coconut
    1/4 cup panko crumbs
    2 tbsp crushed cornflake crumbs
    1/3 cup egg substitute or egg whites
    pinch salt
    olive oil spray
    6 cups mixed baby greens
    3/4 cup shredded carrots
    1 large tomato, sliced
    1 small cucumber, sliced

Vinaigrette
    1 tbsp oil
    1 tbsp honey
    1 tbsp white vinegar (balsamic would work too)
    2 tsp dijon mustard

Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.

Preheat oven to 375°.

Combine coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl. Put egg whites or egg beaters in another bowl.

Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for easy cleanup. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked through.

Place 2 cups baby greens on each plate. Divide carrots, cucumber, tomato evenly between each plate. When chicken is ready slice on the diagonal and place on top of greens. Heat dressing in the microwave a few seconds and divide equally between each salad; a little over 1 tbsp each.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    bumping for tomorrow!
  • searbear1980
    Options
    Oh those challenges heavens those look like a lot. This should be a great week. I will walk Friday to get the extra 5 miles in.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/

I know this recipe is for a drink, but imagine the $$ we'd save on Starbucks! Holla!! And I'd suggest some form of calorie free sweetener (rather than sweetened condensed milk - GAAAHHHH!!!). Then you're in at zero calories!! :)
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    oh lol i thought it was each person do 100 mi.. haha 5 mi aint too bad. :)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options

OMG i think I would die!! LOL
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    I'm gonna shoot for one extra mile a day to get my 5 miles for the week!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Oh, forgot to tell you our very last member is Amdm68 please add her. She is actually my cousin, a kick *kitten* one who I think will blow the challenges away! .. That makes 10 new members for week 2 (sad I know LOL)... I've heard some solid teams have lost in the 40's .... Let's not let week 1 get us down, let's just blow week 2 out of the water!!! :drinker:
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I got five on it...... on Friday! lol
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    So ready to rock this week!! These challenges are going to be awesome. I have never tried some of them before so, it'll be good to spice it up with something new. Count me in for 5 miles! I'll post later once everything is complete :) Have a great day everyone!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    I got five on it...... on Friday! lol

LOL... Great Job! Whoo HOo... ! Way to go!!... to bad it don't count!!! LOL :laugh:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Got my 50 squat kicks done and an extra mile brisk walk in this morning. (on top of my usual elliptical and swimming workout). I am planning on doing 5-7 miles for the challenge this week. I will not be around much on sat due to a wedding party at my salon...so I'll be super busy, BUT I am certainly going to get all my challenges done~! I love it~! Good luck everyone~!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options

Wait Kaci and Kerri said I DID have to do 100 miles... :grumbles: Picking on the Token Guy again I see :P
  • KPaden1221
    Options

Wait Kaci and Kerri said I DID have to do 100 miles... :grumbles: Picking on the Token Guy again I see :P

That would be Token White Guy! Right?! LOL
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    oh yeah.. i wanna let everyone know i'm going on vacation August 19th-22nd.. I will not be logging on those days.. I wont have a computer. I plan on doing all of next weeks challenages BEFORE i leave Friday morning, so I'm squeezing 6 days into 4.. And I won't be able to weigh in until Tues... unless you all want me to weigh in Friday morning before I leave.. which I can't promise, b'c we're leaving at 5am... GEEZ! And I'd MUCH rather weigh before I go! :)
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    CJ, I just want you do do my miles for me please? Pretty please with sugar on top? And sprinkles, and chocolate sauce, and caramel.....

Elly, I meant I would do my extra five miles this friday! lol You are a nut!!!
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    CJ, I just want you do do my miles for me please? Pretty please with sugar on top? And sprinkles, and chocolate sauce, and caramel.....

Elly, I meant I would do my extra five miles this friday! lol You are a nut!!!

Kerri since CJ is doing your extra miles, then you wont mind doing my extra miles!! I wish this would have been last weeks challenage on Saturday, our Founder's Day, lord I walked atleast 10 miles!
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    upated team logo

2gvizc2.jpg

just make the IMG into a lower case img