Beginner Workout

Options
Hey y'all! I am here today to see if anyone has any recommendations for a good beginner workout. I have been off the exercise wagon for about 3 years. I was diagnosed with a pretty rare lung disease, and it's been quite a roller coaster ride with meds, and difficulty breathing! I have dropped about 30 lbs that I had gained with the meds, but need to start getting some lung function back. I am pretty active during the day, with anywhere between 8,000 to 12,000 steps during my work day. I'd like to add a little more cardio, but would love some advice on beginner strength training that I can do from home. I have so light weights...up to 10lbs I think... and I have a great treadmill. Resistance exercises would be great too...I just don't know where to start so I do not overdo it and hurt myself after so long a break...

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• nadean1980
    nadean1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Checkout YouTube or amazon video if your a prime member bc they also have a lot of beginner level workout videos! Find one that interest you and go from there, good luck!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,406 Member
    Options
    This is a good thread for your question, and includes some bodyweight options that work with limited equipment:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you

You can ask followup questions there as well.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inpired by your pluck!

I could never advise someone in your situation, except to advise you to get advice! I mean, there are a lot of good YouTube fitness channels, including popsugar, but I have no idea what is right for you. I would think walking would be the best way to progress, to start.